Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Have I turned out successful? Watch

ReputationRep:
    When I was younger I was forever being told that I was going to be a "success" because of my determination and ambition. However, once I left secondary school and went to college I realised lots of kids are like me and are determined and ambitious. I think the reason my schoolteachers used to think I was especially "talented" was because I went to a state secondary school where most of the kids were more interested in sex and alcohol.

Anyway, I did averagely in my A levels (ABBc) and went on to study American History with Modern History at the University of East Anglia, studying a year abroad in the USA at Middlebury College. I graduated with a 2:1 and then spent two years teaching English as a foreign language in South America (Peru for a year, and Brazil for the second year).

After being a TEFL I got a TC at a law firm in Norwich (the city my university is in). I went to graduate law school at my local university (Bournemouth) and got my GDL and LPC. I qualified as a solicitor last year and currently work at the same firm.

I was just wondering, would you say I have become the success my teachers, and parents built me up for; or am I just average?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MikeRoss478)
    When I was younger I was forever being told that I was going to be a "success" because of my determination and ambition. However, once I left secondary school and went to college I realised lots of kids are like me and are determined and ambitious. I think the reason my schoolteachers used to think I was especially "talented" was because I went to a state secondary school where most of the kids were more interested in sex and alcohol.

Anyway, I did averagely in my A levels (ABBc) and went on to study American History with Modern History at the University of East Anglia, studying a year abroad in the USA at Middlebury College. I graduated with a 2:1 and then spent two years teaching English as a foreign language in South America (Peru for a year, and Brazil for the second year).

After being a TEFL I got a TC at a law firm in Norwich (the city my university is in). I went to graduate law school at my local university (Bournemouth) and got my GDL and LPC. I qualified as a solicitor last year and currently work at the same firm.

I was just wondering, would you say I have become the success my teachers, and parents built me up for; or am I just average?
    Bump

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.