Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Greatest Human in the History of History Watch

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering what peoples view on the greatest person that has ever lived in the whole of Human History....Mine is personally Leonardo Da Vinci for being the greatest, most genius person to walk on this earth

And Cromwell

ReputationRep:
    Cromwell? Why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Izzyeviel)
    Cromwell? Why?
    First modern revolutionary

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harrow.7)
    I was wondering what peoples view on the greatest person that has ever lived in the whole of Human History....Mine is personally Leonardo Da Vinci for being the greatest, most genius person to walk on this earth

And Cromwell
    In the history of history? Are you asking who is the greatest historian that ever lived?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not religious, but Jesus. Evidently he's impacted on the world by the greatest extent

ReputationRep:
    Aristotle.
    He made enormous contributions to many different subjects.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophiaKeuning)
    In the history of history? Are you asking who is the greatest historian that ever lived?
    I believe the greatest historian to have ever lived is Thucydides.

ReputationRep:
    The person that has had the greatest impact on the world is Jesus. I'd like to think after him someone like Wilberforce

ReputationRep:
    Nikola Tesla.
    The oatmeal put why perfectly: http://theoatmeal.com/comics/tesla

ReputationRep:

Haters gonna hate.

ReputationRep:
    Can't say the greatest without a little better criteria to go on but I always like Ivar Kreuger.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I am Dog)
    I'm not religious, but Jesus. Evidently he's impacted on the world by the greatest extent
    I would argue a lot of the impact from Jesus comes from myth and legend, a lot of it doesn't come from Jesus but the people who wrote about the things he supposedly did

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LewisG123)
    I would argue a lot of the impact from Jesus comes from myth and legend, a lot of it doesn't come from Jesus but the people who wrote about the things he supposedly did

Posted from TSR Mobile
    There is evidence if Jesus existence on this earth you may not appreciate him or this but through cannot deny his impact being based in his existence in this world.

Sorry no myth and legends here!

ReputationRep:
    Constantine the Great or perhaps Theodosios. Its naive to pick Jesus, but I agree with the essential logic hence my picking one of these two. I'm taking "great" to mean in terms of influence. Not great as in a moral/character etc judgement.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannah60000)
    There is evidence if Jesus existence on this earth you may not appreciate him or this but through cannot deny his impact being based in his existence in this world.

Sorry no myth and legends here!
    Did I say he didn't exist?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Margaret Thatcher

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IAmThatcher)
    Margaret Thatcher
    Good suggestion, I was thinking Enoch Powell maybe though, I found his rivers of blood speech quite moving

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harrow.7)
    First modern revolutionary
    You've never studied Cromwell, have you?

ReputationRep:
    I'd agree with Jesus in terms of impact- very few historical figures have had the same impact as Jesus.

In terms of more recent history, I'd say George Washington. Without the United States, world history of the past 300 years would look very different indeed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angry Spartan)
    You've never studied Cromwell, have you?
    Let me rephrase that: First modern person who fought against the system and won

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.