Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girl I 'like' Awkward situation. Help? Watch

I need some help...

Basically I'm on my gap year, working at a supermarket as a cashier until I go travelling in the summer, so pretty dull. Basically there's a girl who comes in quite often, and seems to always come to my till. We seem to have loads in common, similar age, she's on a gap year aswell! Basically I think she's pretty hot, and I overhead her saying to her friend on one visit, that 'I'm pretty cute'

I don't how to approach her or whether it's even worth trying to ask her if you''d like to go out for a drink sometime. Working at a supermarket doesn't do wonders for your confidence with the opposite sex. I'm usually fine with girls, but in that setting and in these circumstances , in my uniform, etc I dunno I can't help but feel like it would be inappropriate and embarrassing.
    • TSR Support Team

TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I need some help...

Basically I'm on my gap year, working at a supermarket as a cashier until I go travelling in the summer, so pretty dull. Basically there's a girl who comes in quite often, and seems to always come to my till. We seem to have loads in common, similar age, she's on a gap year aswell! Basically I think she's pretty hot, and I overhead her saying to her friend on one visit, that 'I'm pretty cute'

I don't how to approach her or whether it's even worth trying to ask her if you''d like to go out for a drink sometime. Working at a supermarket doesn't do wonders for your confidence with the opposite sex. I'm usually fine with girls, but in that setting and in these circumstances , in my uniform, etc I dunno I can't help but feel like it would be inappropriate and embarrassing.

I don't see the harm in maybe asking to go for a drink and see where it goes from there, the worst that could happen is she says no, but she does sound rather keen, so go for it.

ReputationRep:
    lool awh just approach her,plus girls like a guy in a uniform so maybe thats why she finds you cutee? :P

ReputationRep:
    Just go for it mate, what's the worst that can happen. Worth a shot!

Every little that helps

ReputationRep:
    Next time she comes by the till with a drink you say (in your coolest voice).

"Hey, Diet Pepsi, my favourite. How about we share a few glasses over a game of scrabble, say about a quarter past 7 this evening?"

The worst that could happen is she shoots you down in public, in front of your co-workers and a ton of customers, but at least you tried right?

Plus if she does reject you, not only will your confidence be knocked, but you'll be give a sweet new nickname at work, which may eventually involve some girl asking you out for a 'Pity-Date'.

So it's a win-win really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A5ko)
    Hey, Diet Pepsi, my favourite. How about we share a few glasses over a game of scrabble, say about a quarter past 7 this evening?
    :lolwut:

After which you'll show her your comprehensive moth collection and engage in some good, British coitus before beddy-bies?

ReputationRep:
    Go for it! Worst case scenario is that she starts going to a rival supermarket!

ReputationRep:
    ask her, would you like any cashback?

ReputationRep:
    I don't see why not! Just pluck up the confidence to ask her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tuerin)

after which you'll show her your comprehensive moth collection and engage in some good, british coitus before beddy-bies?
    hahahahahaahhah!! Moth collection,loool!

Thanks guys, you've been a great help! I think I'm going to go for it next time I see her.

I dunno why being in my uniform just drains for my confidence, just seems like that kind of chat isn't appropriate for work?

(work at Waitrose btw)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tuerin)

After which you'll show her your comprehensive moth collection and engage in some good, British coitus before beddy-bies?
    Not on a first date. If she's lucky, she'll get a half sherry and a taxi home, my expense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I need some help...

Do it ...

You can pack her shopping bags and then be like "there's plenty more where that came from" :cool:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.