Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Strange thing someone of opposite sex has told you on a night out? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Just decided to post this because I that it was quite obscure.

So I was chatting to a girl at the bar and brought her back to the seats in my local night club.

Anyway, so silence fell and I figured we'd shift, but it she wasn't up for it (fair enough) but her excuse was ridiculous.

"I'm waiting for the perfect kiss" she said.

Either she felt bad and made up a really horrendous excuse or she was waiting for a knight in shining armour, I mean, a perfect kiss? Without kissing how would you ever know?

And yes btw, I think she's genuine

Stop being so bitter, you got knocked back lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by That Bearded Man)

So I was chatting to a girl at the bar and brought her back to the seats in my local night club.

Anyway, so silence fell and I figured we'd shift, but it she wasn't up for it (fair enough) but her excuse was ridiculous.

Either she felt bad and made up a really horrendous excuse or she was waiting for a knight in shining armour, I mean, a perfect kiss? Without kissing how would you ever know?

You are Irish, I am guessing?

Probably, "We should go the toilet together". I rejected oblivious to the whole thing...

ReputationRep:
    Some guy told me and my sister that he believed in auras and stuff like that, and that we both had fiery orange ones... didn't know quite what to say in response to that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sgany)

Probably, "We should go the toilet together". I rejected oblivious to the whole thing...
    That was my first thought on reading it

ReputationRep:
    A guy told me his parents were dead. Where do you go from that?!

ReputationRep:
    A girl said to me "I like your watch".
    I said "I like your face" :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    A girl said she wanted to poo in her room mates lasagne, I **** you not (pardon the pun) but who says that and why?!?

ReputationRep:
    A girl said to me coming out of a nightclub that I had nice hair. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    girls dont talk to me....

ReputationRep:
    A guy once complimented me on my Spanish looks... I'm as pale as a ghost and as Irish as they come :confused:

(Original post by That Bearded Man)

Just saying, as a girl who's never been kissed, I would think the same (not say, but think it at least!) so I don't think it's THAT weird ...

ReputationRep:
    Minding my own business in a club as you do, some creep comes up behind me and whispers in my ear and tells me I've got "childbearing hips"...well that **** me up- he was an oldie. Its funny now but it wasn't funny back then aha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harley)
    That was my first thought on reading it
    I am still yet to see a non-Irish person use the term shift :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sweet-Caroline)
    A guy once complimented me on my Spanish looks... I'm as pale as a ghost and as Irish as they come :confused:
    It's quite common, there is a fair amount of Spanish/Iberian descent around Ireland. I used to think the same as you but I spent 2 months in America and came back brown. First time I had tanned in my life. Look up black Irish.

ReputationRep:
    "I love orientials". I'm 100% Caucasian so I didn't really know how to take that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llessur123)
    "I love orientials". I'm 100% Caucasian so I didn't really know how to take that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    AHAHA Someone once said I looked Indian when I'm black as they come. I just laughed at him though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Stop being so bitter, you got knocked back lol
    I'm not being bitter? I just thought that was quite a funny response.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sgany)

If so, you should have demanded to use the disabled, they're bigger and more comfortable

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zizi11)
    Minding my own business in a club as you do, some creep comes up behind me and whispers in my ear and tells me I've got "childbearing hips"...well that **** me up- he was an oldie. Its funny now but it wasn't funny back then aha.
    Definitely a proposal of marriage right there

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 27, 2013
Poll
Which web browser do you use?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.