Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Anyone have good music knowledge? Recommend me some music! Watch

ReputationRep:
    Ok so Im sick of listening to the same stuff over and over but I dont really know whats out there, last fm is bringing up the same stuff. Im in my late twenties now but still enjoy younger stuff. Im into rock/pop stuff but also a bit of dance. Here are some artists i listen to:

Connor Maynard (love his voice)
    Justin bieber (got fed up of now)
    one direction (also had enough of)
    Maroon 5 (only like a few of their songs)
    blink 182
    good charlotte (one of my favourite pop/punk bands ever)
    Taylor swift

Im willing to explore a bit if anyone can recommend anything... I was thinking of downloading labrinth but only like 2 songs off the album. Any bands sound similar to good charlotte?

ReputationRep:
    Talking Heads. Fantastic group from the 80s, although they're not still going.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inthedark1)
    Ok so Im sick of listening to the same stuff over and over but I dont really know whats out there, last fm is bringing up the same stuff. Im in my late twenties now but still enjoy younger stuff. Im into rock/pop stuff but also a bit of dance. Here are some artists i listen to:

Connor Maynard (love his voice)
    Justin bieber (got fed up of now)
    one direction (also had enough of)
    Maroon 5 (only like a few of their songs)
    blink 182
    good charlotte (one of my favourite pop/punk bands ever)
    Taylor swift

Im willing to explore a bit if anyone can recommend anything... I was thinking of downloading labrinth but only like 2 songs off the album. Any bands sound similar to good charlotte?
    If you like Good Charlotte, check out the Lostprophets and The All American Rejects. And listen to some of Nirvana's lesser known stuff because they really are very good. I've got quite a different music taste to you but I think there'll be something there for you!

ReputationRep:
    Dance ehy? I have the feeling that what we both define as 'dance' will be slightly different.

I have more where that came from

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mockery)
    Dance ehy? I have the feeling that what we both define as 'dance' will be slightly different.

I have more where that came from
    Reason I said dance is I like biebers 'out of town' girl song and others that are similar they are dancey enough for me. I could listen to that you posted though but im mainly a pop/punky fan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sammy-lou)
    If you like Good Charlotte, check out the Lostprophets and The All American Rejects. And listen to some of Nirvana's lesser known stuff because they really are very good. I've got quite a different music taste to you but I think there'll be something there for you!

I used to listen to the rejects but only actually liked a couple of their singles. I'l look at the others though cheers!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 25, 2013
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.