Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Synchronized Swimming Team in UK universities? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I am a really passionate synchronized swimmer, having represented Hong Kong to some regional competitions. I am just wondering are there any universities in UK which have a synchronized swimming team. To be more specific, is there one in LSE, Reading or Cardiff? (coz I hold conditional offers for LLB from them) Anybody has any idea? Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ottoto)
    Hi, I am a really passionate synchronized swimmer, having represented Hong Kong to some regional competitions. I am just wondering are there any universities in UK which have a synchronized swimming team. To be more specific, is there one in LSE, Reading or Cardiff? (coz I hold conditional offers for LLB from them) Anybody has any idea? Thanks!

I don't know about the actual university having their own team but Reading city has a really good sychro club

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgiee_)
    I don't know about the actual university having their own team but Reading city has a really good sychro club

Thanks, do you know is there any in London? What is the cost, roughly?

ReputationRep:
    You should be able to find a full list of sports societies for every university on the students union or athletic union website. You may find that some swimming societies will have synchro teams within them, or you may be able to join and get people interested yourself - students unions will give funding to students who start their own society.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Origami Bullets)
    You should be able to find a full list of sports societies for every university on the students union or athletic union website. You may find that some swimming societies will have synchro teams within them, or you may be able to join and get people interested yourself - students unions will give funding to students who start their own society.
    Thanks! I checked up LSE and I don't even find a swimming society! (I hope just a slip of the eye, or else I got to start one!)

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! I checked up LSE and I don't even find a swimming society! (I hope just a slip of the eye, or else I got to start one!)
    You don't surprise me - synchro swimming exists in the UK but I'm not sure I'd call it common.

However, as you are at LSE you can definitely join the intercollegiate Uni of London teams, and there is a swimming team http://www.lustswimming.co.uk/

In addition, I'm willing to bet that if any other Uni of London colleges (UCL, KCL, Imperial, QMUL, etc etc have a [synchro] swim team then you will be able to join. You *may* even be able to join a non-UoL university club - it's quite common for there to be reciprocal arrangements allowing this.

And don't forget that you must be able to find a non-student team somewhere in London!

ReputationRep:
    You don't surprise me - synchro swimming exists in the UK but I'm not sure I'd call it common.

However, as you are at LSE you can definitely join the intercollegiate Uni of London teams, and there is a swimming team http://www.lustswimming.co.uk/

In addition, I'm willing to bet that if any other Uni of London colleges (UCL, KCL, Imperial, QMUL, etc etc have a [synchro] swim team then you will be able to join. You *may* even be able to join a non-UoL university club - it's quite common for there to be reciprocal arrangements allowing this.

And don't forget that you must be able to find a non-student team somewhere in London!
    I guess I will ask around in the fresher's week. It seems to me that they have abandoned the website for quite a while now...

Thanks a lot!

ReputationRep:
    I guess I will ask around in the fresher's week. It seems to me that they have abandoned the website for quite a while now...

Thanks a lot!
    I don't know if non-LSE clubs will be at LSE Freshers Fair. To be honest I very much doubt it, so you might have to be more proactive.

Imperial has a synchro swim club, and there's an email address there for you to use https://www.imperialcollegeunion.org...ies/a-to-z/150

And there's a non-student club here http://www.seymoursynchro.org.uk/

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if non-LSE clubs will be at LSE Freshers Fair. To be honest I very much doubt it, so you might have to be more proactive.

Imperial has a synchro swim club, and there's an email address there for you to use https://www.imperialcollegeunion.org...ies/a-to-z/150

And there's a non-student club here http://www.seymoursynchro.org.uk/
    Many thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Hi, we are a little distance away from LSE (ok, a lot), buuut Aberdeen University now have a synchro swim club! If any other UK Uni's have clubs we would love to hear from you/set up meets!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 5, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.