Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hey.

This is mainly a rant/need to unload whats on my chest, but any advice on where to go from here would be much appreciated..

Last week, I fell out with my best friend (lets call her A), because she needed off work due to illness, and it meant I had to come off a shift in the middle of the one I was working, go home, and go back to work later on to do her shift (we work the same place, I know that probs doesn't make any sense). Because I was quite happy doing MY shift, and had my evening planned to do college work, I was quite reluctant to cover for her. I said things I shouldn't have to other colleagues (O & B), and one of them (B) passed it onto my best friend. Understandably, she was mad/upset, and hasn't spoken to me since even though I've apologised profusely.

Yesterday, I got a text from another friend (N) warning me that A had told B (and 4-5 others) secrets that I had trusted her with; seriously intimate details about my sex life. I got her to promise not to tell anyone these things, because if they get out, they could cause a lot of problems for more than just me. B has since told two people (N and another person).

Just because she was mad at me (all I said was I was going to make her feel guilty for making me work, which may not be the nicest thing to say but I'd never actually do it), A has spread these details, which will make work hell for me later on today, and my trust in her has been well and truly shattered. I have no idea what friends I can trust anymore, as she was probably the only one I would have trusted with my life; now, not so much.

A mutual friend is forcing us to her house later on this week to sort this out, but I really don't know how to handle this.. I feel so betrayed/hurt by A.

Any advice guys? :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Last week, I fell out with my best friend (lets call her A), because she needed off work due to illness, and it meant I had to come off a shift in the middle of the one I was working, go home, and go back to work later on to do her shift (we work the same place, I know that probs doesn't make any sense). Because I was quite happy doing MY shift, and had my evening planned to do college work, I was quite reluctant to cover for her. I said things I shouldn't have to other colleagues (O & B), and one of them (B) passed it onto my best friend. Understandably, she was mad/upset, and hasn't spoken to me since even though I've apologised profusely./
    What did you say?

Cause *****ing about someone you'd 'trust with your life' is kinda sucky, and at the moment it sounds like you started it.

ReputationRep:
    hmmm.. better ask Q

he knows everything

(Original post by Misstery)
    What did you say?

Cause *****ing about someone you'd 'trust with your life' is kinda sucky, and at the moment it sounds like you started it.
    I said I would make her guilty for making me work, which I would never actually do. I don't see how it's appropriate to spread details about my sex life just because of that.

ReputationRep:
    I said I would make her guilty for making me work, which I would never actually do. I don't see how it's appropriate to spread details about my sex life just because of that.
    Why would that upset her and why would you apologize for that?

ReputationRep:
    Seriously there is a saying never tell a secret if you don't want it coming out, sad to say most people don't keep secrets! Really you shouldn't of told a so i feel sorry for you but really things like your sex life shouldn't be shared with people unless you want other people to know.

ReputationRep:
    There is a Chinese proverb I think you will appreciate in your situation.

"Man with **** in biscuit tin - f**king crackers."

ReputationRep:
    It does seem really unfair of her to do that, but she couldn't help being ill and not being able to work and it seems unfair of you to then be *****ing about her to your other colleagues, especially if she's one of your closest friends and you trust her that much.

This could have just been the last thing in a long list of acts that have upset her and caused her to go over the edge and not want to be your friend any more, maybe you just don't realise.
    Go to this mutual friend's house and discuss it with her to see what she has to say. This isn't entirely her fault, you've both done things wrong here and she's upset too so you both need to talk to each other to hear each other's side of the story. If she's such a good friend and you trust her so much, it'd be a shame to let the friendship come to an end so you should really go and try to talk to her.

ReputationRep:
    advice?

stop being petty *****y girls

you dint get this **** with guys

ReputationRep:
    You're both *****es.

ReputationRep:
    Hey.

This is mainly a rant/need to unload whats on my chest, but any advice on where to go from here would be much appreciated..

Last week, I fell out with my best friend (lets call her A), because she needed off work due to illness, and it meant I had to come off a shift in the middle of the one I was working, go home, and go back to work later on to do her shift (we work the same place, I know that probs doesn't make any sense). Because I was quite happy doing MY shift, and had my evening planned to do college work, I was quite reluctant to cover for her. I said things I shouldn't have to other colleagues (O & B), and one of them (B) passed it onto my best friend. Understandably, she was mad/upset, and hasn't spoken to me since even though I've apologised profusely.

Yesterday, I got a text from another friend (N) warning me that A had told B (and 4-5 others) secrets that I had trusted her with; seriously intimate details about my sex life. I got her to promise not to tell anyone these things, because if they get out, they could cause a lot of problems for more than just me. B has since told two people (N and another person).

Just because she was mad at me (all I said was I was going to make her feel guilty for making me work, which may not be the nicest thing to say but I'd never actually do it), A has spread these details, which will make work hell for me later on today, and my trust in her has been well and truly shattered. I have no idea what friends I can trust anymore, as she was probably the only one I would have trusted with my life; now, not so much.

A mutual friend is forcing us to her house later on this week to sort this out, but I really don't know how to handle this.. I feel so betrayed/hurt by A.

Any advice guys? :/
    You have toooo many friends!
    Get rid of a bunch, this will mean less hassle for you and more time to CONCENTRATE on your studies!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aranexus)
    hmmm.. better ask Q

he knows everything
    Lmao, genius :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Any time you share anything with anyone, always assume that some day it will be screamed through a mega phone to the entire world.

You could be as close as possible with that person at the time and feel you trust them with anything, but then a situation like this occurs and a lot can go wrong.

ReputationRep:
    She has been out of order. It's not a showing of good character to reveal somebody's private life that you happen to know-just because someone's annoyed you.

But as others have said, people tend to be a bit crap. Be very careful who you tell things to.

Lesson learned, I'm never telling anyone anything like this again - I honestly don't know who I can trust right now at all.

I've just discovered A has even deleted me on facebook (she's acting like she's 12) and is putting up cryptic statuses about me. Unfortunately for her, N is telling me this and A has forgotten she's friends with my mum on there so I can see everything through mum's account... Considering we were like sisters a few weeks ago, this is utter s**te.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 26, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.