Turn on thread page Beta

New to makeup watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys!
    Sounds silly but i'm pretty much a make up 'virgin'. I'm 17 but rarely wear anything day to day, usually just vaseline haha. I've got to the stage where I want to start wearing a little now, a light foundation, eyeliner mascara, lipstick etc. Where do I start though? I'm mixed race (quite light olive skinned, light pink lips and very dark brown eyes - along with my hair).
    Can anyone help me by recommending what would suit me or decent brands?
    Thanks for all responses!

ReputationRep:
    Don't wear foundation for the sake of wearing it...

ReputationRep:
    if you haven't tried foundation before maybe start off with a BB cream? all make up brands do one my favourite is Rimmel!

ReputationRep:
    I using the BB cream from Japan, which is really good. Its really cheap as well, only around £8-10 . Can last for a year, coz u dont need much BB cream on your face. Will fine you the link later

ReputationRep:
    Maybe start with a BB cream or tinted moisturiser or something instead of going for foundation straight away.

ReputationRep:
    Bareminerals foundation looks natural, I would recommend it.

ReputationRep:
    I would also go for a tinted moisturiser and for mascara I would go for a brown one so that it looks a bit more natural. I currently use a Becca foundation that is really a tinted moisturiser as its so sheer, its called luminous skin and I love it. The only problem is that Becca is pulling out of the UK so its very hard to find now

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.