Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Would someone with a petite stature suit with a short dress or long?

ReputationRep:
    Either. I'm quite short but went for long though most of the girls I knew did.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The answer to that is either. You can either wear a long figure hugging dress to accentuate your size & give the illusion that you're taller or a shorter dress that will show off your legs. I'd also stick to a plain colour if you're petite as sometimes pattern can be too overwhelming.

ReputationRep:
    there is a dress called 2 in 1, you can wear it both in long style or short style.

ReputationRep:
    I'm short and I wore a dress that was just below knee length. I am not a fan of really short dresses, nor would I have wanted a long dress. For one, lots of long dresses are designed for really tall people, so I wouldn't have fitted them without alterations. Secondly, I am really clumsy, and yeah, I didn't want people to remember me as the girl who broke her ankle at prom or anything!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    I'm quite short and petite (5ft) and I tried some short prom dresses on and they looked awful on me! I ended up buying a long one

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I love this style of dress, Forever Unique does such nice prom dresses. I really want to get one like this, ebay is really good as I dont have much money.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171012916600?ssPageName=STRK:MES ELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

ReputationRep:
    Long dresses usually look better, however it is your prom therefore you should wear what you like and what you feel most comfortable in!

ReputationRep:
    Well it depends on the style of the dress, if it's a bodycon type dress then it would suit someone who's quite curvy. If it's a short skater dress then this suits petite girls very well.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChristinaS)
    there is a dress called 2 in 1, you can wear it both in long style or short style.
    How does that work?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ione33)
    I love this style of dress, Forever Unique does such nice prom dresses. I really want to get one like this, ebay is really good as I dont have much money.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171012916600?ssPageName=STRK:MES ELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
    Not bad!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.