Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I had my phone stole earlier on and I've rang 02 so they've barred my handset and sim, does this mean there's no signal etc? Can they still go on my pictures and messages? Not very good on the whole technology front.

I am not hiding anything "bad" on my phone but I have obviously sent things to my friends that would be a joke to us but others might not find it a joke.....
    Btw, its an iphone and it had a pass code but theyll probably be able to crack the code easy enough as it's only a 4 digit code..

ReputationRep:
    Yes, if they've barred the phone it means that the phone will not receive signal.

They can only access your information if they guess the passcode. After 10 failed attempts, the phone should erase itself. May I ask what the passcode is?

Did you not try tracking it with 'Find My iPhone' on iCloud?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rybee)
    Yes, if they've barred the phone it means that the phone will not receive signal.

They can only access your information if they guess the passcode. After 10 failed attempts, the phone should erase itself. May I ask what the passcode is?
    pretty standard code tbh
    and I dont have i cloud enabled..

ReputationRep:
    Posting your password online probably didn't help mate!
    If they get in, they'll be able to access any media including photos, videos, music as well as contacts and messages. They just won't be able to use it, for calls or texts.

Even if they disapprove of your jokes with your mates, what are they going to do, call the police? It's a stolen phone!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madfish)
    pretty standard code tbh
    and I dont have i cloud enabled..
    Okay, just seen your PW: and deleted it in my comment so no one else can see.

To be fair you've jumbled it up fairly well, as opposed to '0000' or '1234' like some people have. I don't think they'd guess that in under 10 guesses so you're probably quite safe mate.

Aah that's a shame, why don't you have iCloud enabled!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by British-Student)
    Posting your password online probably didn't help mate!
    If they get in, they'll be able to access any media including photos, videos, music as well as contacts and messages. They just won't be able to use it, for calls or texts.

Even if they disapprove of your jokes with your mates, what are they going to do, call the police? It's a stolen phone!
    haha, good point bud
    I duno I send pretty offensive jokes to my friends... ehhh :L

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rybee)
    Okay, just seen your PW: and deleted it in my comment so no one else can see.

To be fair you've jumbled it up fairly well, as opposed to '0000' or '1234' like some people have. I don't think they'd guess that in under 10 guesses so you're probably quite safe mate.

Aah that's a shame, why don't you have iCloud enabled!
    "No one else can see" of course you need to edit your quote as well hahah.

EDIT: I see you've done this now.

ReputationRep:
    haha, good point bud
    I duno I send pretty offensive jokes to my friends... ehhh :L
    Don't worry, everyone sends "questionable" texts! Someone went to look at my phone in school the other day and I reacted faster than Bruce Lee on meth. Hopefully whoever has your phone will call your home number or a contact and let them know where it is, or you could have it tracked by a provider. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    I always keep my iPhone and Macbook tracked using iCloud! Too important to go walkies!

Spoiler:
    Show

(Original post by Vousden)
    "No one else can see" of course you need to edit your quote as well hahah.

EDIT: I see you've done this now.
    Hah, yeah just realised that! Oopsie!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rybee)
    I always keep my iPhone and Macbook tracked using iCloud! Too important to go walkies!

Spoiler:
    Show

Hah, yeah just realised that! Oopsie!
    is that your iphone? :L

ReputationRep:
    is that your iphone? :L
    Yep. My iPhone and my Macbook just next to it! Both are with me in bed :cool:

Shame about your phone but you'll be pretty safe content wise mate, I'm sure of that. Your passcode wasn't an obvious one so I wouldn't worry

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.