Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Out of work...Just watch T.V all day Watch

I got dismissed from my job working at a coffee bar and this is my 8th week at home, all I seem to do is watch T.V, go on the laptop, watch T.V, go on laptop...

The last time I was at home for an extended amount of time was 4 years ago when I failed first year and was at home all day, 5 days a week and during that time I got very, very low, I had to go to see a psychiatrist a couple of times.

I just don't want that to happen again so please suggest things I can do, hobbies, books I can read..anything that stops me from vegging out in front of the T.V from 10am to 1am the next day! I do job applications constantly but some days there are hardly any jobs to reply for.

Thank you in advance.

ReputationRep:
    How about setting up some kind of timetable or structure to your day?

Also maybe if you live near a library with wifi you could go there to apply for jobs, then you have to get up, get dressed and leave the house.

And exericise? Go for a run every morning. Exercising in the morning always makes me feel like I'm being a bit more productive later in the day.

Maybe ban yourself from watching tv if it's that bad too! Give the remote and power cables to a friend!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Volunteer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deadwing)
    How about setting up some kind of timetable or structure to your day?

Also maybe if you live near a library with wifi you could go there to apply for jobs, then you have to get up, get dressed and leave the house.

And exericise? Go for a run every morning. Exercising in the morning always makes me feel like I'm being a bit more productive later in the day.

Maybe ban yourself from watching tv if it's that bad too! Give the remote and power cables to a friend!

Yea I thought of this Im in a similar situation just finished a nursing degree and dont know what to do as i dont really want to do nursing, I thought of volunteering. The odd thing is when Im out of work my sleeping pattern alters and Im awake all night and asleep all day, I try to change this by getting up early but cant stand being awake in the day makes me feel ill when im out of work.

Its so weird, I need some structure or I become sooo lazy.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 31, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.