Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi there, Is there anyone here doing 'Access To Business' course?

I'm hoping to do this in September and would like to find out what kind of timetable you have. I'd like to do the 'Law' and 'IT' modules.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oldiebutgoodie)
    Hi there, Is there anyone here doing 'Access To Business' course?

I'm hoping to do this in September and would like to find out what kind of timetable you have. I'd like to do the 'Law' and 'IT' modules.

Any advice would be much appreciated.
    It depends where you're taking the course.

My course was 3 days per week 10am - 3pm, but that was Access to HE (Humanities).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Knalchemist)
    It depends where you're taking the course.

My course was 3 days per week 10am - 3pm, but that was Access to HE (Humanities).
    Are you also doing the Maths, English and study skills?

ReputationRep:
    Are you also doing the Maths, English and study skills?
    Yes I did History, Psychology, Sociology, English, Maths, Study Skills and ICT.

ReputationRep:
    Yes I did History, Psychology, Sociology, English, Maths, Study Skills and ICT.
    OK, I'm doing Maths and English gcse at the moment, So i'm not expecting
    to have to do them on the Access course.
    So do you have one lecture per week for each subject?

ReputationRep:
    OK, I'm doing Maths and English gcse at the moment, So i'm not expecting
    to have to do them on the Access course.
    So do you have one lecture per week for each subject?
    I believe you have to sit English and Maths on the Access Course as it's compulsory. I achieved GCSE grades B in English and Maths, yet still had to do it. If you don't sit them, you won't get enough credits to pass the course.

Yes we had one class per week for each subject. Some classes were 1 hour, some were 2 hours. Maths was 1 hour as it was only at level 2, along with Study Skills (as that is more home research based) , and ICT. The rest were 2 hour classes.

ReputationRep:
    I believe you have to sit English and Maths on the Access Course as it's compulsory. I achieved GCSE grades B in English and Maths, yet still had to do it. If you don't sit them, you won't get enough credits to pass the course.

Yes we had one class per week for each subject. Some classes were 1 hour, some were 2 hours. Maths was 1 hour as it was only at level 2, along with Study Skills (as that is more home research based) , and ICT. The rest were 2 hour classes.
    I went to the information event at Derby uni, They said if you've done your gcse's in the last five years there would be no need to do them on the Access course. I wanted to do Business, IT and Law. Skip Maths and English but also do the study skills.

ReputationRep:
    Not sure how Scottish colleges differ but my units are a mix of business & accounts but mainly seems to focus on accounts :rolleyes:

From reading this thread my course seems really low level

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by airyhead)
    Not sure how Scottish colleges differ but my units are a mix of business & accounts but mainly seems to focus on accounts :rolleyes:

From reading this thread my course seems really low level

Posted from TSR Mobile
    But what is your timetable like? Are you attending everyday?

ReputationRep:
    3 days per week, 9am til 4.15pm

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Is that 3 subjects plus English, Maths and Study Skills?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.