Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am signed up to receive my monthly contact lens' through the post.
    When they are sent to me, the box contains three contact lens solutions and three sets of contact lenses, one for each month (so really I get four deliveries a year).
    The last box I received was on the 21/12/12. I have used all of my last bottle of contact lens solution (they each lasted me around the month they were expected to), but on my letter it says I am not due anymore until 7/04/12.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but surely this isn't right as if each bottle is supposed to last for one month, then I should have received it on the 21st of this month?
    If they are meant to come on the 7th of April, then that's nearly three weeks I am expected to 'make do' with the solution.

Is this right?

ReputationRep:
    Yeh, I think so. You can get a cheap one from tescos if you run out, its called all in one solution (not the saline one). xox

ReputationRep:
    I would say you are using far too much solution. Everyone I know, including myself ends up with a stupid surplus of solution.

If this is via lens mail, I would imagine you can go instore and get more if you have run out, they give a free pair of lenses if you lose them so I would imagine you could get solution too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by :) emma)
    Yeh, I think so. You can get a cheap one from tescos if you run out, its called all in one solution (not the saline one). xox
    Is that ok to use with any type of lenses? It's just I have a toric lens and knowing me I'd probably end up ruining them haha!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doggyfizzel)
    I would say you are using far too much solution. Everyone I know, including myself ends up with a stupid surplus of solution.

If this is via lens mail, I would imagine you can go instore and get more if you have run out, they give a free pair of lenses if you lose them so I would imagine you could get solution too.
    This. I have nearly ten bottles of excess solution so I've decided to cancel the direct debit and get them when I need it as I'm paying for so much more than I need. You must be using A LOT of solution.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doggyfizzel)

I'm pretty good with my solution. I follow all of the steps that my optician told me, and don't waste any (I fill the contact lens' case to the line and only put a splash on when I'm putting them into my eyes and taking them out). I'm just concerned about the length of time I am wearing the same lenses

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by onlyonedirection)
    Is that ok to use with any type of lenses? It's just I have a toric lens and knowing me I'd probably end up ruining them haha!
    Yeh, should be :P my brother has toric lenses xox

ReputationRep:
    It sounds like they might have had an issue with the ordering system because at the opticians where I work, if someone has lenses and solutions every 3 months posted to them then it should be dispatched on the same day every 3 months. 21/12/12 .. 21/3/13 .. 21/6/13 etc. So unless you've been into your opticians for any reason or phoned them or changed the standing order (if you have one)... I'm not sure.

You should go into you opticians. Even if they can't give you a 1 month bottle (as some suppliers only supply boxes of 3) you should still be able to get a 2week trial bottle or similar as most suppliers send them out to opticians for free.

As others have said though, I am surprised you use as much solution as you do since most people have too much left over but its not a bad thing that you're obviously cleaning your lenses well.

It wont make a difference with toric lenses as this is just the prescription specification not what the lenses are made out of

Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    When I first signed up to my lenses, I wasn't given sufficient bottles of solution. I just went in, said I needed two and they gave them to me, no questions asked.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.