Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

If she hates me, why does she still talk to me? (Long) Watch

ReputationRep:
    Made a few threads so will keep it short. Girlfriend said she loved me, I didnt say it back, wasn't ready. She splits up with me, we're still close. She says she still likes me, I think we're going to get back together. She goes on a date, I tell her how I feel. She doesn't believe me, treats me like crap. I tell her am moving on. She has a drink, things happen between us. Same thing the next day. Week later she claims she was drunk. She wasn't, but that's her story. We try it as friends, but things get messy. A girl I went on a date wth starts pestering both me and my ex, to the point my ex injures herself from anger - punched a wall. The girl stops messaging. My ex says we can't be proper friends anymore because too much has happened, and she can't trust herself to have a drink around me because she'll want things from me. I said that it's not a proper friendship then and we should cut contact. She blocked me on Skype and Facebook, keeps me on Twitter.

An issue arose with my brother that same night when I was looking after him and it got me quite distressed. I turned to the only person I felt like I could - my ex. She helped me through it and was pretty amazing. I realised I wanted to be her friend so told her that the next day. She text me that same night saying she couldn't be my friend because the issue with my brother brought back bad, past memories for her. She told me to leave her alone.

The girl who was pestering us emailed my ex again to ask why I was distressed the other night. She kept on and on at her, and my ex was calling me and texting me about it. She reported her email to the police, and if the girl emails my ex again, the police will speak to her. We texted a bit and things seemed okay, but then she turned a bit nasty towards me.

Then yesterday, I accidentally dialled her phone. Apparently left a voicemail of 3mins, and it consisted of just me and my family talking etc. She called me back and I missed the call, then text me asking why I rang. Told her I didn't mean to. She put a tweet on Twitter saying how nervous she is about going abroad for the Summer, so I tried to be nice, told her she'd be fine etc. And she just replied to me with the country she's going to, not the one I thought she was going to.

So my questions are these. If she really loved me, she wouldn't be treating me like crap, would she? Secondly, if she really hated me and wanted nothing to do with me, she'd have blocked me number, got rid of me on Twitter and wouldn't still keep in some form of contact with me, would she?

Is there any hope at all, that this relationship - in some form - can be fixed at all? If so, how do I go about it?

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    She (and frankly, you) sounds emotionally immature. If she properly loved you, no she wouldn't be treating you like crap. If she hated you, she wouldn't still be in touch with you. The only hope that the relationship has is if you both give each other the space you need to grow up, and you get back together when you're ready to handle each other as adults.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by canadamoose)
    She (and frankly, you) sounds emotionally immature. If she properly loved you, no she wouldn't be treating you like crap. If she hated you, she wouldn't still be in touch with you. The only hope that the relationship has is if you both give each other the space you need to grow up, and you get back together when you're ready to handle each other as adults.
    Thanks for your reply. She told me she loved me around Christmas, and she was drunk. The next time was on the day before New Years Eve, and when I couldn't say it back - because I wasn't ready - the next day she said she wanted to end things. I questioned how she could do that when she claimed to love me, and she then changed it to her meaning she loves me like a friend. Yet, beforehand, and that time a couple of weeks ago we briefly rekindled, we didn't act like friends - as in what we did. I dunno whether she was hurt so tried to close off any feelings towards me, I don't know. But either way, if she genuinely loved me, two months later and us still being 'fairly' close wouldn't be enough time for those feelings to completely disappear, right?

I'm only questioning it, because I recently found out my friend and his ex are still close, on the verge of getting back together. They both love each other, and I found out the other day that last year when he was drunk he cheated on her, but she still loves him and has forgiven him. Whereas my ex is just treating me like crap at the moment, yet not cutting all contact with me.

ReputationRep:
    I try and be nice to her, and she just rejects it. Dunno what else I can do.

ReputationRep:
    She was never interested in you in the first place . She wanted to use you and walk away. Being a man it's hard to move on . We always cling to the past which we try to forget. I suggest you to find company with your friends and family
    You'll surely move on. Don't waste your time on people who aren't willing to spend theirs
    Cheers !

ReputationRep:
    3 year old thread m8, chances are he isn't talking to that girl now

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 30, 2016
Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.