Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Not grasping Russian History, anyone else the same? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I am currently taking a two year course in Edexcel History and at the end of my AS year, I received an overall B grade with my British History being an 'a' and 4 marks off maximum and my Russian history just coming to a 'd' which made me scrape a B overall. I resat the exam in the January and then came out with an E. Furious with the outcome, I called my paper back and now see where I went wrong. I just can't tend to grasp the way of wording the essays and really desire at least a C in Russia to get an A overall.

Can anyone help? Anyone having the same problems? I think its the sheer amount of content which is dragging me down a little, it is so much to study.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MBT Bot)
    It's been a while since you posted and nobody's replied yet...maybe you should check out MarkedbyTeachers.com, TSR's sister site. It has the largest library of essays in the UK with over 173,000+ coursework, essays, homeworks etc.. all written by GCSE, A Level, University and IB students across all topics.

Handpicked examples show formative feedback comments from some brilliant teachers. Plus, reviews from A* students and hints, tips & common mistakes from their teacher team. You get access either by publishing some of your own work, or paying £4.99 for a month's access. Both ways give you unlimited access to all of the essays.

All their documents are submitted to Turnitin anti-plagiarism software, so it can't be misused, and the site's used by hundreds of thousands of UK teachers and students.

What's more, you can take a look around the site and preview the work, read reviews and teacher summaries AND view the hints and tips absolutely free. Click here to find out more...
    I'm not bothered.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by guardian)
    Hi,

I am currently taking a two year course in Edexcel History and at the end of my AS year, I received an overall B grade with my British History being an 'a' and 4 marks off maximum and my Russian history just coming to a 'd' which made me scrape a B overall. I resat the exam in the January and then came out with an E. Furious with the outcome, I called my paper back and now see where I went wrong. I just can't tend to grasp the way of wording the essays and really desire at least a C in Russia to get an A overall.

Can anyone help? Anyone having the same problems? I think its the sheer amount of content which is dragging me down a little, it is so much to study.
    What period are you studying? The tsars, Stalin?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kerny)
    What period are you studying? The tsars, Stalin?
    Fuedalism to Democracy (1881-1924) and Stalin's Russia (1924-1953)

Been doing a lot of revision for it, this is the third time I'll be sitting the exam though, just really hope I get a good question this time around.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.