Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BesideThePoint)
    Basically I can't bring myself to actually sit down and revise for this subject. I really don't like it and have no motivation whatsoever, so i've decided to try and revise by doing past papers but not studying using textbooks, revision guides etc.

Is it possible for me to get an A or B by doing this?
    I'm not sure, because although it might be possible, I can't personally see it working because by doing past papers, you're just applying what you already know. You could be writing things down which you think are right, but in fact they're not. There's no denying past papers are awesome for practicing exam technique, but I think if you really want to do well, then you should read about the topics too, to make sure you the information you write about in the exam is accurate

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've been told if you just learn how to do the questions, and get used to the techniques you need to use - you should be able to get a good mark It's basically because the course is really strict on what you need to know and it requires a lot of memorising! Questions are the same year after yea. I'm taking my IGCSE sciences in the summer too! I'm going to revise everything and then do loads and loads of past papers..Good luck! x

ReputationRep:
    I think it's a bad idea. I got an A* in biology, and it was after I read the textbook several times. In fact, I hardly practiced any papers, I just concentrated on the textbook. PPs will not work unless you know your material inside out.

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.