Turn on thread page Beta

Neighbours *Spoilers* watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    i missed it all last week and today max walks into the house, I was most perplexed until it was explained to me

rachels haircut tho *thumbs up*

ReputationRep:
    Her 'do is growing on me now i must admit!

-x-

ReputationRep:
    Spoilerage (For April in Aus, incase some people don't want to know this far ahead!!)

Spoiler:
    Show
    Monday 16th April
    Pepper's stalker is arrested, but have they got the right man? Steph stops Boyd from spiralling out of control. Toadie and Steph finally acknowledge their feelings. A dream overseas job offer tests Steiger and Janelle's love.

Tuesday 17th April
    Terrence's hold over sky grows ever stronger. Oliver tells Carmella about the plot to bring Paul down. Steph and Toadie suffer from first date jitters.

Wednesday 18th April
    Susan is rattled when Tom delivers an ultimatum! Rosie's head over heels as Frazer gets hell bent on murderball. Harold feels a presence in the store.

Thursday 19th April
    Unsuspecting Pepper walks straight into Mary's trap. Rachel accuses Lolly of poisoning her. Tom gets under Susan's skin. Rosie unwittingly crushes Frazer's confidence.

Friday 20th April
    Pepper has no idea Mary has secretly drugged her. Sky's desperate belief in Terrence leads her to betray her loved ones. Steiger goes all out to make Janelle realise he will return.

Now for spoilers even more into the future:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    * Janae will be there for a while after the rest of the Timmins have left (Bree and Janelle have now finished filming in Aus)

*Info on new characters:

Jane Hall “Jane’s just signed on as a series regular,” Dan says. “She’ll play a character with connections to several Ramsay Street residents. And her bombshell will rock the street.”

Penny Cook The former A Country Practice and E Street star will play the guest role of Frazer and Ringo’s mum, Prue, for a few months.

Rachel Gordon “Rachel is playing a role totally different to anything else she’s played and she’s fantastic,” Dan says.

Rowena Wallace Rowena plays “scary” Mary Casey, who has been living in the suburb for a long time. When she appears she “causes trouble for just about everyone,” laughs Rowena. “But, in a way, you feel very sorry for her.”

* Interview with a producer person:

Obviously the ratings haven’t been good lately.
    No, they haven’t. It’s been a bit of a slide over the past six months, or so. It’s not performing as well as we’d like, but the show is not in any danger of being axed.

Why do you think people haven’t been tuning in?
    Firstly, the show has perhaps lost its way in terms of storylines. Not all of them, but in a general sense it has drifted away from what has fundamentally been heartland Neighbours. We’ve tried to do more risqué storylines, and Paul’s shenanigans, while very entertaining, at times have pushed the credibility a bit far.

How will you get back to “heartland” Neighbours?
    If you had to say what Neighbours is about, it’s a show about friends and family living on a street and dealing with the problems that people face every day. We’re going to make sure from now on that it all comes back to that premise.

Will you change the look of the show?
    The simple reality is that Neighbours hasn’t been holding up. It looks very dated. The sets are being revamped, we’ll have new opening titles, we’ve got a new version of the theme… We’re looking at changing the way we shoot and having more location time.

Some big names are leaving soon, like Stephanie McIntosh…
    It’s always hard when characters leave, but it’s also important to have a turnover in the cast. Each character has a certain story to tell and there comes a point when those stories have been told.

What can you tell us about the new family set to move in?
    There’ll be a mum, dad and kids, and an extended family to join them later. I can’t say exactly who they are, but they are linked to one of the existing residents.

It’d be great if you could introduce Scott and Charlene’s kids!
    Scott and Charlene are never very far from anyone’s consciousness, so I’m sure it’s been discussed. That’s a benefit of Neighbours – it has such a rich history. In fact, we’ve just reintroduced a former resident who’s coming back to stick around, so we’ll tell you a little more about that in the coming months.

Will there be another super couple?
    Indeed! In fact, there will be more than one super couple.

Some readers have complained that romances don’t last long on the show.
    That’s been a really significant problem – the chopping and changing of relationships. The audience hasn’t had time to become invested in any of the pairings before they’ve flitted off with someone else. That’s absolutely being addressed.

(Yaaaaaay!! Young love will be back!!)

* New family info:

Steve cruises back to the old neighbourhood

Former Water Rats star Steve Bastoni and theatre performer Nikki Coghill are the latest names to join the Ramsay St clan. Bastoni and Coghill will play a couple who move their family into sleepy Erinsborough. The pair start work on the Neighbours set on Tuesday.

For Bastoni, signing on to Neighbours means his acting career has come full circle. "I was in Neighbours pre-Kylie and Jason," Bastoni said. "I did an episode when I was 17 and Neighbours was on Ch7." But Bastoni won't be playing the same character this time around. It is shaping up to be a memorable year for Bastoni. Not only has he signed with Neighbours, he and his partner Bianca Pirrotta are expecting their first child in late July. "Doing Macbeth (the film shot in Melbourne) rekindled my love affair with Melbourne. It was great to be down there again," he said. "Once we got pregnant it was a done deal. We decided we had to move down here. Both my family and Bianca's family are in Melbourne."

* Pepper info:

Stalker Horror
    Pepper naively believes her stalker won’t do her harm, but is she right?

Pepper is horrified when her stalker breaks into her home and leaves their creepiest “gift” for her yet – a cot containing a sinister note! Pepper (Nicky Whelan) believes the stalker is her ex-boyfriend Kevin, to whom she fell pregnant at 17, before having a miscarriage. And this threatening note confirms her suspicions. “Don’t play with fire,” it warns. “Next time you’ll get burned.”

Earlier, Pepper went to a children’s playground hoping to talk to Kevin. Instead, a girl handed her a parcel containing a love letter Pepper had written him when they were dating. Pepper still finds it hard to believe Kevin would harm her, but her policeman dad, Steiger (Joe Clements), is not so sure. “I’m sorry, I don’t want to alarm you,” Steiger says. “But we don’t know what this guy is capable of. No one who is sweet does something like this!”

Even more into the future, but haven't found anything well explained yet - will have a go though!:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Right!! It's about Mr Paul Robinson. What i have been able to gather is that he gets poisoned - this then really messes him up (i.e. makes him ill/gets bad memory) and he will be leaving. There was also a mention of him in prision, but like i said not sure...

This is all true btw, but i've only read bits and pieces, i'm hoping something more detailed will be released soon!!

...I'm going to go rest now... lol

-x-

ReputationRep:
    Awesome! Thanks for that baby emmy. You can take a well deserved rest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baby_emmy)
    Spoilerage (For April in Aus, incase some people don't want to know this far ahead!!)

Spoiler:
    Show
    Monday 16th April
    Pepper's stalker is arrested, but have they got the right man? Steph stops Boyd from spiralling out of control. Toadie and Steph finally acknowledge their feelings. A dream overseas job offer tests Steiger and Janelle's love.

Tuesday 17th April
    Terrence's hold over sky grows ever stronger. Oliver tells Carmella about the plot to bring Paul down. Steph and Toadie suffer from first date jitters.

Wednesday 18th April
    Susan is rattled when Tom delivers an ultimatum! Rosie's head over heels as Frazer gets hell bent on murderball. Harold feels a presence in the store.

Thursday 19th April
    Unsuspecting Pepper walks straight into Mary's trap. Rachel accuses Lolly of poisoning her. Tom gets under Susan's skin. Rosie unwittingly crushes Frazer's confidence.

Friday 20th April
    Pepper has no idea Mary has secretly drugged her. Sky's desperate belief in Terrence leads her to betray her loved ones. Steiger goes all out to make Janelle realise he will return.

Now for spoilers even more into the future:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    * Janae will be there for a while after the rest of the Timmins have left (Bree and Janelle have now finished filming in Aus)

*Info on new characters:

Jane Hall “Jane’s just signed on as a series regular,” Dan says. “She’ll play a character with connections to several Ramsay Street residents. And her bombshell will rock the street.”

Penny Cook The former A Country Practice and E Street star will play the guest role of Frazer and Ringo’s mum, Prue, for a few months.

Rachel Gordon “Rachel is playing a role totally different to anything else she’s played and she’s fantastic,” Dan says.

Rowena Wallace Rowena plays “scary” Mary Casey, who has been living in the suburb for a long time. When she appears she “causes trouble for just about everyone,” laughs Rowena. “But, in a way, you feel very sorry for her.”

* Interview with a producer person:

Obviously the ratings haven’t been good lately.
    No, they haven’t. It’s been a bit of a slide over the past six months, or so. It’s not performing as well as we’d like, but the show is not in any danger of being axed.

Why do you think people haven’t been tuning in?
    Firstly, the show has perhaps lost its way in terms of storylines. Not all of them, but in a general sense it has drifted away from what has fundamentally been heartland Neighbours. We’ve tried to do more risqué storylines, and Paul’s shenanigans, while very entertaining, at times have pushed the credibility a bit far.

How will you get back to “heartland” Neighbours?
    If you had to say what Neighbours is about, it’s a show about friends and family living on a street and dealing with the problems that people face every day. We’re going to make sure from now on that it all comes back to that premise.

Will you change the look of the show?
    The simple reality is that Neighbours hasn’t been holding up. It looks very dated. The sets are being revamped, we’ll have new opening titles, we’ve got a new version of the theme… We’re looking at changing the way we shoot and having more location time.

Some big names are leaving soon, like Stephanie McIntosh…
    It’s always hard when characters leave, but it’s also important to have a turnover in the cast. Each character has a certain story to tell and there comes a point when those stories have been told.

What can you tell us about the new family set to move in?
    There’ll be a mum, dad and kids, and an extended family to join them later. I can’t say exactly who they are, but they are linked to one of the existing residents.

It’d be great if you could introduce Scott and Charlene’s kids!
    Scott and Charlene are never very far from anyone’s consciousness, so I’m sure it’s been discussed. That’s a benefit of Neighbours – it has such a rich history. In fact, we’ve just reintroduced a former resident who’s coming back to stick around, so we’ll tell you a little more about that in the coming months.

Will there be another super couple?
    Indeed! In fact, there will be more than one super couple.

Some readers have complained that romances don’t last long on the show.
    That’s been a really significant problem – the chopping and changing of relationships. The audience hasn’t had time to become invested in any of the pairings before they’ve flitted off with someone else. That’s absolutely being addressed.

(Yaaaaaay!! Young love will be back!!)

* New family info:

Steve cruises back to the old neighbourhood

Former Water Rats star Steve Bastoni and theatre performer Nikki Coghill are the latest names to join the Ramsay St clan. Bastoni and Coghill will play a couple who move their family into sleepy Erinsborough. The pair start work on the Neighbours set on Tuesday.

For Bastoni, signing on to Neighbours means his acting career has come full circle. "I was in Neighbours pre-Kylie and Jason," Bastoni said. "I did an episode when I was 17 and Neighbours was on Ch7." But Bastoni won't be playing the same character this time around. It is shaping up to be a memorable year for Bastoni. Not only has he signed with Neighbours, he and his partner Bianca Pirrotta are expecting their first child in late July. "Doing Macbeth (the film shot in Melbourne) rekindled my love affair with Melbourne. It was great to be down there again," he said. "Once we got pregnant it was a done deal. We decided we had to move down here. Both my family and Bianca's family are in Melbourne."

* Pepper info:

Stalker Horror
    Pepper naively believes her stalker won’t do her harm, but is she right?

Pepper is horrified when her stalker breaks into her home and leaves their creepiest “gift” for her yet – a cot containing a sinister note! Pepper (Nicky Whelan) believes the stalker is her ex-boyfriend Kevin, to whom she fell pregnant at 17, before having a miscarriage. And this threatening note confirms her suspicions. “Don’t play with fire,” it warns. “Next time you’ll get burned.”

Earlier, Pepper went to a children’s playground hoping to talk to Kevin. Instead, a girl handed her a parcel containing a love letter Pepper had written him when they were dating. Pepper still finds it hard to believe Kevin would harm her, but her policeman dad, Steiger (Joe Clements), is not so sure. “I’m sorry, I don’t want to alarm you,” Steiger says. “But we don’t know what this guy is capable of. No one who is sweet does something like this!”

Even more into the future, but haven't found anything well explained yet - will have a go though!:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Right!! It's about Mr Paul Robinson. What i have been able to gather is that he gets poisoned - this then really messes him up (i.e. makes him ill/gets bad memory) and he will be leaving. There was also a mention of him in prision, but like i said not sure...

This is all true btw, but i've only read bits and pieces, i'm hoping something more detailed will be released soon!!

...I'm going to go rest now... lol

-x-
    Thanks for the spoilers, rep for you tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    What is with Lolly? I'm sure she can't be 15! She left about 4 years ago wen she was like 6! Also her voice is annoying me.

ReputationRep:
    her face is annoying me.

ReputationRep:
    hmm how old is lolly supposed to be? I thought she was about 5 last time she was on??!
    carsi x

ReputationRep:
    Lolly was about 6 when she left Neighbours, meaning she should be 12 now... but she's actually 15!

(Just looked up characters bio's for ages and things)

-x-

ReputationRep:
    lol, they must think that the viewers wouldn't notice or something...

ReputationRep:
    Just read that they increased Summer's age by two years (was 10 in 2003, came back 2005 14!), and Elle, Robert, Cameron should of actually been 16 rather than 19!

-x-

ReputationRep:
    ohhh elle robinson...heaven!

ReputationRep:
    It's stupid. The same thing has happened in Emmerdale (if you watch that) Victoria went to Spain and came back as a completely different person, a completely different personality and about two years older than she should be.

Also, there is no way CamRob was 19. The person playing CamRob looked about 25, not 19. Ah well, that's Neighbours for you. :p: And Elle is just amazing.

ReputationRep:
    woooo im back havent been here in aaaaaaaaaaaaaages

lolly was cute, blone with curly hair....she is now ugly brunette n straight hair shes a crazy mofo

ReputationRep:
    Younger Lolly annoyed me... actually if you think about it - she was psyco back then too!!

Her mum died because of her (ran into road, mum got hit by the car), she set fire to the Scully's house and nearly killed Drew, then she so jumped into that pool on purpose... meaning Darcy had to come get her!

-x-
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    she was evil, but probably didn't realise back then she was being bad... shes now old enough to know better!

ReputationRep:
    elle and cam/rob are 19? LOL haha.

yeah i've always hated lolly too.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    i loved lolly was she was a wee one... can't stand her now.

ReputationRep:
    lolly's soooo annoying! GET UR STICKY(icelolly-sticky get it?) HANDS OFF STINGREY!!

ReputationRep:
    EVERYONE complained about the age difference in Aus when Lolly came back and it seems UK viewers are no different.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.