- A rocky road ahead for Karl and Suze
- Father Tom Scully returns to win Suze's heart....will he win her back?
- Pepper's stalker gets even closer, can Pepper escape in time?
- Oliver is leaving....who for Carmella now?
- One of the Ramsay Street ladies is pregnant - but who?
- Lolly leaves again
- Paul is told he has a terminal illness - is this the end for Ramsay Street's resident bad boy?
- Boyd leaves...so does Sky....question is do they leave together...?
- Big new family will come in replacing the Timmins' and the show will go back to its family and comedy roots rather the gun-toting, explosion nonsense we've been seeing of late.
And finally - Neighbours gets a brand new look - new credits, updated theme tune and a High Definition filmic look in the Autumn.
THE BBC is facing a battle to keep Neighbours with ITV and Channel 5 likely to bid for the Aussie soap.
It is reported that the BBC – which has screened Neighbours for more than 20 years – is also facing a hefty price hike to keep the show.
Distributor Fremantle Media is negotiating a new deal and BBC director of acquisitions George McGhee said that the corporation wanted to keep the show “but only if the price was right.”
He added: “This figure of £13 million a year is a lot of nonsense. That amount of money would be absolutely ridiculous.
“The BBC is committed to Neighbours but only at the right price.”
Neighbours could be perfect for an afternoon slot on ITV1 or as a teen soap on ITV2 and it would make an Aussie soap double for Ch5, which already screens Home And Away.
The soap remains a daytime ratings winner for BBC1 with 3 million watching its lunchtime episode and 2.6 million tuning into the early evening repeat.
At its peak when it starred Kylie Minogue and Jason Donovan as Charlene and Scott in 1988, it was watched by 20 million British viewers.
Devastating news to the bbc and we need to hassle the bbc to keep the show on the bbc and not let channel 5 or itv get the show
so who is whith me
- A rocky road ahead for Karl and Suze- I saw that coming! Stupid Izzy and the baby are stealing Karl away.
- Father Tom Scully returns to win Suze's heart....will he win her back?It's looking that way, seems she days dreams about him lol
- Pepper's stalker gets even closer, can Pepper escape in time?Yeah she is fine. He gets locked up, but it's her stalkers mother that is the real STALKER
- Oliver is leaving....who for Carmella now?hmm, I wonder if he really does marry Elle
- One of the Ramsay Street ladies is pregnant - but who?Who??I think it was a false alarm
- Lolly leaves againThank god! She pisses me off alot
- Paul is told he has a terminal illness - is this the end for Ramsay Street's resident bad boy?Oh I was wondering why he was going crazy!
- Boyd leaves...so does Sky....question is do they leave together...?Boyd and Sky? this can't be true
- Big new family will come in replacing the Timmins' and the show will go back to its family and comedy roots rather the gun-toting, explosion nonsense we've been seeing of late.Is this true? It's about time there was a new family...
I know Janae/Glenn both think they are pregnant by Boyd, and as Janae is a Ramsy Street girl, maybe her? But as she's staying for a bit longer, i don't think they'll do a single mum with no family storyline type thing... Could be someone random though, ooooooooooh Steph!!
Yeah i posted some info on the new family and things in a spoiler a page or so back, was an interview with the producer man and says some interesting things. Also says that there'e going to be some real romances for once (i'm v happy about that!), instead of people braking up randomly!
A new family should be good.... hopefully!
Imagine if Rosie is pregnant???
sky is much better for stinger!
Yeah i agree Sky is better, just keep on watching it thinking 'you're going to die soon, don't get too close!!'!!
I think Stingray got boring for me once they randomly changed his character (i know he is on medicine and what not, but meh - it's just not how it use to be!), but i do love the Sky & Stingray coupling! Mainly because they took ages to get together and we haven't had a thing like that for a while!!
It begins with A - it's a blood clot in your brain basicially that bursts... so you die (in the episode you see him feeling drowsy for a bit before he dies)
I think he has a tatoo done to celebrate Kerry being well - and that may of had something to do with it... i'm not too sure!! But it is the thing that begins with A that is the main reason, Sky mentions it in the episode after!