Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Same, known for ages, but still was teary!! Must say though, i liked how the last thing he saw was everyone he loved enjoying themselves

-x-

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know why he was killed off?

ReputationRep:
    i love correction loved stinger--- best character! why did they kill him off...i hate this how neighbours revamp they are doing...killing off the best!

ReputationRep:
    It was the producers decision, as kinda mentioned above - it's the start of the revamp. Quite a few characters are leaving within the next few months and his death links to some of them going!

-x-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baby_emmy)
    It was the producers decision, as kinda mentioned above - it's the start of the revamp. Quite a few characters are leaving within the next few months and his death links to some of them going!

-x-
    Yea but its because of him and the characters that are leaving that the soap is soo good. I thought stingray was one of the best characters there.

ReputationRep:
    I tell you waht made me sad was when Kerry got the all clear and Harold was praying and Stinger said "put in a good word for me" i was like awwwwwwwww!!! Stinger. Even though i knew it is still so sad!!

ReputationRep:
    Oh my god when stinger died earlier i was gobsmacked...i had no idea! I cried like a baby, it was effective the way they did it but it was so sad I thought he was 1 of the best characters too so i'm gutted!
    xx<3

ReputationRep:
    The Timminses are brilliant, the show won't be the same without them, (just my opinion). I would have thought someone (Rachel/Zeke) would have got in touch with Susan and Karl to let them know. Especially considering the relationship him and Susan had when he arrived. Saying that, they may well have got in touch we just never seen it. Is Susan back from London in time for the funeral? Also, do the other brothers come to the funeral? I'm assuming no...

ReputationRep:
    I cried today.. It was so sad the aftermath stuff..

But on an another note.. Go Dylan!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1352)
    The Timminses are brilliant, the show won't be the same without them, (just my opinion). I would have thought someone (Rachel/Zeke) would have got in touch with Susan and Karl to let them know. Especially considering the relationship him and Susan had when he arrived. Saying that, they may well have got in touch we just never seen it. Is Susan back from London in time for the funeral? Also, do the other brothers come to the funeral? I'm assuming no...
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Bree gets in touch with them i think but i dont think they can come!, I think Kim comes back for the funeral though

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Yeah Kim comes to the funeral and then he leaves, and dylan leaves with him.

ReputationRep:
    That's good then that Kim comes back - but not so good that Dylan leaves with him - it just makes the whole thing seem a bit more real. In reality if your brother had died then no reason in the world would stop you from attending the funeral, (Not for my family anyway).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1352)
    That's good then that Kim comes back - but not so good that Dylan leaves with him - it just makes the whole thing seem a bit more real. In reality if your brother had died then no reason in the world would stop you from attending the funeral, (Not for my family anyway).

But he does attend and then leaves afterwards!!

ReputationRep:
    What WAS that song they played throughout the aftermath of Stinger's death? It had me blubbing for a good half an hour! :-(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scorpio2211)
    But he does attend and then leaves afterwards!!
    I mean Stingray's other brothers. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Love Sheep)
    What WAS that song they played throughout the aftermath of Stinger's death? It had me blubbing for a good half an hour! :-(
    I've looked on Neighbours Fans which has episode summaries, and lists the music from each episode, but it hasn't got the song listed you are after - which I think means it's not available to download and is owned by whoever owns Neighbours, or not? It just says: Music: No commercial credit.

ReputationRep:
    They always play the same songs, don't they? After you've been watching it for a while you notice the same freaky song cycles going round and round and round.... It's bizarre, but also boring. I've lost track of the amount of times when a scene comes to a dramatic conclusion and they play: 'I've never been to Cuba, I've never been to Cuba, I've never been to Cuba.' Bomp-Bomp.

Also, with Scott's death, granted it was very emotional and beautifully shot, but then they cranked up the emotional music, which took the impact away from the scene because it was too overbearing (it was as if they were telling you what to feel), and played a modified version of the plane crash music over the top of it. It's their special 'emotionally harrowing' music, which acts as a cue to be deeply devastated by events and get out your tissues and cry. Funny, because it worked during the plane crash, but it didn't work here. My ears must have become desensitised to it, I guess.

ReputationRep:
    It might possibly be by a girl called Brooke Fraser... i haven't actually checked, but they've used quite a few of her songs in Neighbours before!

-x-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maniacal Mr. Monocle)
    They always play the same songs, don't they? After you've been watching it for a while you notice the same freaky song cycles going round and round and round.... It's bizarre, but also boring. I've lost track of the amount of times when a scene comes to a dramatic conclusion and they play: 'I've never been to Cuba, I've never been to Cuba, I've never been to Cuba.' Bomp-Bomp.

Also, with Scott's death, granted it was very emotional and beautifully shot, but then they cranked up the emotional music, which took the impact away from the scene because it was too overbearing (it was as if they were telling you what to feel), and played a modified version of the plane crash music over the top of it. It's their special 'emotionally harrowing' music, which acts as a cue to be deeply devastated by events and get out your tissues and cry. Funny, because it worked during the plane crash, but it didn't work here. My ears must have become desensitised to it, I guess.
    Yeah I've noticed about the songs being used over and over again, there are a few from 2001-2004 or something that I remember vaguely but they aren't used much anymore.

(Original post by baby_emmy)
    It might possibly be by a girl called Brooke Fraser... i haven't actually checked, but they've used quite a few of her songs in Neighbours before!

-x-
    Possibly, her music is quite good - if a bit depressing at times. One of hers was used when Dylan and Sky broke up I think, or when he found out Stingray was the father of Kerry.

ReputationRep:
    I think they change them to be vaguely in step with the current musical trends of the day.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.