Turn on thread page Beta
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by pritnep)
    Haha Kirsty, oops sorry.

Actually the switch to Five, has helped to pay for the Neighbours revamp.
    I heard that too - so the aussies should be thanking us,
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by gappo)
    Ahhhhh! Now I know why they all love terrence!! Makes me chuckle, every couple of years the new con artist(s) come along! Remember Stu and life mechanics! What was that bloke called Jonathon?? Cheers for explaining that!!
    yep - that was one ace storyline... so long ago now!

ReputationRep:
    Sorry if this has already been asked but do we know when Neighbours leaves the BBC?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I guesstimate about 12 months from when they announced the move - basically not till sometime in 2008.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 994504)
    The door opens inwards and there is something covering the window to prevent them from escaping. :p: I can't believe Pepper got trapped there in the first place, surely she could have fought her way out ...
    Ah, ok. I clearly need to pay more attention :p:

(Original post by ~Kirsty~)
    I guesstimate about 12 months from when they announced the move - basically not till sometime in 2008.
    Ok. Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Remember when there was a fire and Lou's Pub and Harold's cafe got burnt down? Who done that?

ReputationRep:
    How did the switch help the revamp?... The revamp started before the switch!! Unless the talks between BBC/Neighbours/CH5 started before we found out, which is most likely

EDIT: To above post it was Paul!

-x-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BabyGirl)
    lol do you watch eastenders by any chance? maybe youre mixing up billy's dog?
    oh yeh whoops

Should have known, soaps don't usually have 2 people/animals of the same name
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by baby_emmy)
    How did the switch help the revamp?... The revamp started before the switch!! Unless the talks between BBC/Neighbours/CH5 started before we found out, which is most likely

EDIT: To above post it was Paul!

-x-

Basically it will be to do with channel 7 is it asking for more money per episode to fund for this revamp and HDTV, BBC saying no, Channel 5 handing over much more cash. They did say it was a significant amount more than what they were currently paying.

ReputationRep:
    Oh ok, so they went for revamp then asked for more money which BBC weren't happy about?

Ah well, i'm still hoping for a Neighbours/Tribe afternoon... lol

-x-
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    is that ever going to happen? Tribe, then neighbours, then H&A? Now that would rock.

ReputationRep:
    What Kirsty said except it was Channel 10 and FreemantleMedia, Channel 7 does HAA. They then have been using the extra money on the revamp.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    i never know the difference between the aussie channels - lol!!!

ReputationRep:
    That's why having an Aussie around helps.

Our free to air stations are:

SBS
    Channel 7 - Home and Away
    Channel 9
    ABC
    Channel 10 - Neighbours

Of course they all have their digital and HDTV channels.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    why can't you be normal and start numbering from 1?

We have many more free to air channels now with digital...

ReputationRep:
    Because that would be to easy.

ReputationRep:
    Didn't Channel 7 have Neighbours for a year but then axed it and Channel 10 picked it up?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    yes - the 1st year it was on channel 7 but axed due to lack of popularity in the syndney market - bad choice now though! lol!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    And for those who are interested the move from BBC to Five will be either March or April 2008 (according to the all so unreliable Wikipedia)

EDIt: to avoid spamming - is it true that stonefish aka Kevin, Toadies brother is coming back? I thought i heard soimething about it - but i could be wrong - hes due back on screens in the next few weeks...

ReputationRep:
    I read that he's back too... hope so!!

-x-

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.