Neighbours *Spoilers* Watch

This discussion is closed.
Pencil
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by piginapoke)
I don't know whether I've outgrown neighbours or the current cast is just crap. The Karl Kennedy actor simply can't act, the Scullys will never be the Robinsons and I hate Boyd and his annoying stereotype of a family.
Neighbours lost its edge around the 1996 season, when Stanley Walsh took over as Executive Producer. He left last year and a new producer has started to improve things. He's bringing back links to the 80s and older characters such as Sky, Jamie Clark, Des and David Bishop. The drama lately has been so much better.

I don't think you've outgrown Neighbours. I think Neighbours has outgrown itself. The actors in Neighbours don't seem to stay long as long anymore. Most of them stay about 2 years and go on to other things. There's a lack of continuity and the 80s episodes had a lot of that. Also, the acting isn't as good as they seem to take on people new to the acting world. Neighbours has become more of a training ground for new actors. They don't seem about the show's quality as much as they used too.
MC
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Tinykates)
why do you think all british soaps are rubbish and what makes the australian/american ones better?
British soaps have a repetitive, ongoing storyline which often takes a lot of time and patience to understand. Also you often have to watch several episodes consecutively in order to have an idea of what is happening. Also, many of the storylines are so absurd that its just ridiculous. I mean take Eastenders, in that one tiny square, there has been rape, incest, divorce. child abuse, murder, drug trafficking, drug taking, etc etc etc...the list is endless which makes it just so annoying and very difficult to believe.

With Neighbours, all you have to do is watch and you can instantly know what is happening. It is very very light-hearted and easy to follow. Although some storylines are rubbish, its this quality which makes it so interesting, as the audience does not need to have much input. Generally its fantastic.
serious narb
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
after every episode Sky is asking for a shagging even more, she is actualy amazing

may i be the 1st to volunteer
Jamie
Badges: 18
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by babyboo)
heres a fact for ya when i was in aussie right stuart (real name BLAIR) came second in big brother aussie....thats how he got his part in the show!! x
Fact 2 - michelle in neighbours is an aspiring artist. she sucks
fact 3 - Susan kennedy's actress is a lesbian. She dated the woman who played Ruth.
Fact 4 - The libby actress and karl actor dated lol
Fact 5 - Ian smith aka Harold is suprisingly rude in real life. In fact its fair to say hes more alike to stoke harold. A famous quote from him was at a book signing. Some teenager shouted out 'why are you so fat?' and he replied with 'because your mum gives me a cookie every time i f*ck her'
genius
J
Cyst
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by foolfarian)
Fact 2 - michelle in neighbours is an aspiring artist. she sucks
fact 3 - Susan kennedy's actress is a lesbian. She dated the woman who played Ruth.
Fact 5 - Ian smith aka Harold is suprisingly rude in real life. In fact its fair to say hes more alike to stoke harold. A famous quote from him was at a book signing. Some teenager shouted out 'why are you so fat?' and he replied with 'because your mum gives me a cookie every time i f*ck her'
genius
J
That is all bull****, where did you read that?
Cyst
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by sillynarb2)
have i mentioned how cockable sky is yet?

she seems to have a lovely pair, in true neighbours style as she gets older we will see more of them i reckon :cool:
Yes, Sky is truly a Goddess. A bit plump, but not to worry.
Pencil
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Cyst)
That is all bull****, where did you read that?
I've heard about Fact 3 and Fact 5 before and I think they're true. I haven't heard about the others though.
jammyd
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
There's a society at my brother's Uni called 'ARSE' - the 'Association of Ramsey Street Enthusiasts'. Neighbours is top student TV I personally prefer Diagnosis Murder though.
serious narb
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
the new harold is amazing

getting drunk now :cool:
Ditzy
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
the new harold is amazing

getting drunk now :cool:
Shh, I've not seen it yet, I'm saving myself for 5:30!
serious narb
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ditzy blonde)
sorry, i'll say no more but Harold is a legend, you will love it...
hornblower
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
5.35 isn't it? And the actor who plays Karl Kennedy is good.
Leaby
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
That's messed up!!

Wow....

Neighbours IS really good at the moment, especially since it went really bad about two months ago (it was just really boring).
superomega1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i watch it almost every day. wasnt there a story on recently about that girl doing photo shoots for that seedy looking dude who's like over TWICE HER AGE? It seems to give out the message that he's a bit perverted looking at her on the internet. but still he's TWICE HER AGE and maybe more than that.
ruthiepoothie
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
(Original post by superomega1)
i watch it almost every day. wasnt there a story on recently about that girl doing photo shoots for that seedy looking dude who's like over TWICE HER AGE? It seems to give out the message that he's a bit perverted looking at her on the internet. but still he's TWICE HER AGE and maybe more than that.

yeah- the story carries on today- its a bit stupid- i don't know how she can be so niave....

karl and susan are breaking my hear tho...
serious narb
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
missed it today, anything good happen?
serious narb
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
also did anyone notice drunk Harold blatantly staring at Izzy's tits yesterday?

can't say i blame him ....
Ditzy
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
missed it today, anything good happen?
Harold was hungover, well funny! Lou and Trixie left and the Sculley's were making a video to get on that home improvement show.

I haven't seen todays yet, I think we should make a rule, no discussing the days episode until after 6 o'clock to give everyone a chance to watch!

was looking at the Austrailian section of the Neighbours website, and Lou and Susan kiss, how wrong!
Amb1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
was looking at the Austrailian section of the Neighbours website, and Lou and Susan kiss, how wrong!
Eeeew, that's gross! Please tell me you're jokin...?!!
Ditzy
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Amb1)
Eeeew, that's gross! Please tell me you're jokin...?!!
I'm really not. go to neighbours.com and click on the Austrailian updates, thats where I read it. Its so wrong. Apparently they feel bad about it after, but it'll be too late then, I'll already be scarred for life!
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (215)
12.49%
Excited (157)
9.12%
Worried (306)
17.77%
Terrified (382)
22.18%
Meh (173)
10.05%
Confused (37)
2.15%