Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Do guys prefer virgins or experienced girls? Watch

Okay so I’ve recently started dating this great guy who I really like. The problem is he has sex before whilst I’m still a virgin and have no sexual experience at all. He’s already reassured me that there is no rush, but I’m already worrying about being completely clueless for our first time whether it’s days, weeks or months ahead. Plus I’m very self-conscious about my body and am scared that he’ll be put off by seeing me in all of my glory. I’m at a healthy weight but am shy about my wobbly stomach and lack of boobs..

Do guys mind if their partner is experienced or not?

ReputationRep:
    No, if they really like you then theyll wait and they'll enjoy it even more because it means something...and dont be self conscious, im sure when it comes to it youll be fine

ReputationRep:
    *shrug* I've never had sex with a virgin and I don't feel like I've missed out. End of the day regardless if what people say, your first time is TERRIBLE.

ReputationRep:
    It really doesn't matter to me either way. It's nice to think that I'd be her first but it's also nice if they have experience. They both have positives but if I really liked the girl then it wouldn't matter that much.

ReputationRep:
    Your first time wont be amazing let me just say. In my case, it did hurt and you will feel uncomfortable at times. But it takes practise lol! Honestly it will get better, and you'll both learn. Practise makes perfect
    PS Every girl i know is conscious about her body. Try and become confident in your skin, i'm sure you'll be fine. Have fun X

ReputationRep:
    I don't really care tbh, as long as the person is comfortable and I am too then that's all that matters to me

I like the idea of being someone's first, I think it's sweet also I like a girl with experience, I could learn a thing or two :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Okay so I’ve recently started dating this great guy who I really like. The problem is he has sex before whilst I’m still a virgin and have no sexual experience at all. He’s already reassured me that there is no rush, but I’m already worrying about being completely clueless for our first time whether it’s days, weeks or months ahead. Plus I’m very self-conscious about my body and am scared that he’ll be put off by seeing me in all of my glory. I’m at a healthy weight but am shy about my wobbly stomach and lack of boobs..

Do guys mind if their partner is experienced or not?
    First, seeing that he is reassuring you does mean a lot and it is good that ye are comfortable to discuss it.

This is something I have been wondering myself and was going to pose this question to TSR.... I would just like to add the part that I would have asked (instead of starting a new thread with the same title)

...does it matter to a guy what age you are if inexperienced? I'm 22yrs with very little experience and I want to know do guys think it is 'odd'. (i'm confidant around guys when they are my friends but when it comes to stuff like this then I get very shy)

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't matter either way does it. Its not like you ask how many people a woman has slept with before you jump in bed lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I don't see the problem, at least he'll know you're not diseased as well

ReputationRep:
    If a guy wants a fling, he'll want a girl to have experience, but if he wants a serious relationship, he won't mind either way.

ReputationRep:
    My first time was with a VERY experienced guy, he made me feel at ease and I can say it was awfully painful but fun (If I make sense) Anyway my point is, being a virgin isn't all that bad you can still have fun and same for being experienced. They can go quite well together

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C-Dawg)
    I don't see the problem, at least he'll know you're not diseased as well
    STD's can also be inherited genetically. e.g. HIV/AIDS

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend has slept with a lot of woman way into double figures and I hadnt slept with anybody we're still together over a year and actually it was best of both worlds he taught me alot of things and being inexperienced meant i had no expectations of him and was willing to try !

(Original post by Anonymous)
    First, seeing that he is reassuring you does mean a lot and it is good that ye are comfortable to discuss it.

This is something I have been wondering myself and was going to pose this question to TSR.... I would just like to add the part that I would have asked (instead of starting a new thread with the same title)

...does it matter to a guy what age you are if inexperienced? I'm 22yrs with very little experience and I want to know do guys think it is 'odd'. (i'm confidant around guys when they are my friends but when it comes to stuff like this then I get very shy)
    I swear I could have written that!!

I too am a virgin and have recently been seeing this guy that i seriously really like. Im 22 almost 23!

He knows and he says he doesnt care. So Im just making sure i really like him first.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rival_)
    STD's can also be inherited genetically. e.g. HIV/AIDS
    I think you mean transmitted vertically.

My last two girlfriends were virgins when we met, I'd slept with 3 girls before them, one of whom was also a virgin but didn't tell me until after we'd slept together.

I can see the appeal of sleeping with someone for whom your their first when you think the relationship will last. It's very touching that they feel they can trust you enough and love you enough to want to hand over their virginity to you.

In the case of my most recent girlfriend, I was the one in this position - I was her first and we were very close so I thought the relationship would last. It turned out that basically she had wanted to try sex without being judged by losing it on a ONS etc, and hadn't expected to fall in love with me, which she did, and that scared her when she tried to weigh it up and reconcile it with completing her course to the best of her ability. We were together for about 4 months and it still hurts a bit now. I can't talk to her.

Personally, now that I'm in the slightly jaded/ cynical camp of believing that uni relationships won't really last (until I'm proven otherwise), I'd much rather the girl I was seeing was experienced. I don't like the idea now of taking a girls virginity and have her maybe regret it later because the relationship falls apart, and I also tbh would like to be with a girl who is a bit more sexually open and isn't afraid to tell me what she likes, what she wants... because she already knows. I think the girl I'm currently seeing is also a virgin, but she hasn't told me yet.

Guys might think that being your girlfriends first is a good thing, but it's a lot of pressure and it took about 5 attempts (on different nights) before it even stopped 'hurting' her. I kinda don't like the idea now that when she has sex with someone in the future, she might compare it to her first experience(s) with me and will think that it's 'better' just because I was the one to 'break the seal' as it were. It's not a nice thought to think that even though you had a loving relationship, it will inevitably end up being easier with the next person and therefore she might think they're a better couple for that reason alone. I.e, I'm more relaxed with this guy, therefore I must love him more/ I never loved my last boyfriend.

Anyway, long rambly post over. There's a time and a place for both.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tyraell)
    I think you mean transmitted vertically.
    I wish it was that funny. It''s slanted, cause the Human Immunodeficiency Virus causes AIDS( acquired immunodeficiency syndrome). You can only ride a bike once it has a chain.

ReputationRep:
    who ever negged me, your mum!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rival_)
    I wish it was that funny. It''s slanted, cause the Human Immunodeficiency Virus causes AIDS( acquired immunodeficiency syndrome). You can only ride a bike once it has a chain.
    No one genetically has HIV, for God's sake why post about something you clearly know absolutely nothing about?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mankytoes)
    No one genetically has HIV, for God's sake why post about something you clearly know absolutely nothing about?
    Relax yourself licckle boy, anyways!
    It can be passed down from the mother to the infant, perhaps my terminology lacked accuracy. However my point intended is still the same...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 10, 2013
Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.