The Student Room Group

Clearing 2013

Hi everyone, I have recently had an unsuccessful from Teesside uni for child nursing, I was wondering f anyone knows how to apply through clearing and what the chances are of getting in? Do they interview you again or just go by your personal statement? Also do you have to ring up an asked to be put on the list or can you apply online?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Original post by jen1990
Hi everyone, I have recently had an unsuccessful from Teesside uni for child nursing, I was wondering f anyone knows how to apply through clearing and what the chances are of getting in? Do they interview you again or just go by your personal statement? Also do you have to ring up an asked to be put on the list or can you apply online?

Posted from TSR Mobile

clearing only offers you a small amount of courses, with the only possibility of getting on one being if they didn't fill all their places.

and if I remember correctly, if you were rejected by a university course, you cannot then gain access to said course thru clearing

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
That's a shame :frown: I'm not sure about clearing when did you find out

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by sarahkell_2008
That's a shame :frown: I'm not sure about clearing when did you find out

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm at university now (got into my firm offer) but my teacher thought I'd fail so made me look into clearing

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
See : http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Guide_to_Clearing

Read it all, carefully.

PS. Nursing courses dont go into Clearing. You're best option would be to either go for some sort of Health Studies course or to get some practical experience (in a Care Home, Special School, Mental Health Day Centre - paid or volunteer) and reapply for Nursing next year.
Reply 5
OP if it makes you feel any better I've got 4/5 rejections so far (still waiting on Nottingham) for adult nursing.
It's absolutely horrible but trying to stay positive, I've already started researching other courses at other unis (although I really want to go to Plymouth myself) - as someone else said reapply next year or apply for a related course :smile:
It's not over yet, do you have the option of extra? Not many courses about but still worth a look

Posted from TSR Mobile
i have a question. i applied for 4. and got rejections from all 4. but i did not add a 5th choice. i recently sent an applicati0on for biomedengineering as it said on UCAS i may add a fifth choice. i just dont knw if its too late....... :/. on ereason why i added it was because the button for course search on extra wasnt there.
Reply 7
Yeah, without meaning to sound like a killjoy - it may have been a bit late :/
Let us know if you hear back though - and what happens :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
it was to imperial BTW. course search showed an X next to biomedical engineering which means that there were vacancies. They ask mathematics as the main subject. My mathematcis marks are really gd. So fingers crossed :biggrin:
Original post by returnmigrant

PS. Nursing courses dont go into Clearing.

Nursing courses do occasionally go into clearing, Greenwich were last year, but it is rare as nursing is a very oversubscribed course, especially children's ...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply