Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    How often will I see him? I'll be at Sheffield uni and he'll be at Hallam I hope I won't see him a lot and won't have to avoid him?

Can anyone shine light on this?

Thanks

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    He's going to a different university, you're not exactly going to see him on campus :confused:

If you like to hang out in similar places then maybe you will, I guess?

ReputationRep:
    They're like at opposite sides of the city, so you won't see him while you're on campus.
    You probably won't see him much at all, maybe on the odd night out, but Sheffield is a city after all...and it's not like you'll be next door to each other...you won't bump into him every day. Unless you're really unlucky.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure even if you did see him, you don't have to make contact with him. Don't worry about it!

Keep smiling!

Andy.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss Jean Brodie)
    He's going to a different university, you're not exactly going to see him on campus :confused:

If you like to hang out in similar places then maybe you will, I guess?
    This made me lol :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    I'm liking what you guys are telling me!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    Let me put it this way... I know of four people who go to my university (whom I knew before going). A couple are in higher years and the others are in my same year. Two of them are in the same faculty. I have not seen two of them ever on campus and I see the other two (in my same faculty) maybe once or twice a week.

If they're in another university, I doubt you'd really see them either. I don't even see people who study in my building or the one next to it!

ReputationRep:
    You'll be pretty unlikely to bump into him. The 2 universities are on the opposite side of the city centre, and in 2nd year the 2 groups of students don't live in the same suburbs. The main times when a 'Uni of' student would see Hallam students is when walking to the station (right by Hallam's biggest campus), and on nights out in the city centre (if you still have him on fb, you can try to avoid clubs/bars that he's going to).

But as said above, you are unlikely to see any specific person from your own uni, unless they do the same course or live in the same block. There are 25,000 Uni students and 33,000 Hallam students after all.

Poll
Which pet is the best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.