Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello...

Firstly apologies Mod's - I didn't quite know where to put this.

Anyhooo

So I'm in Newcastle for work for the next six weeks, the past two weekends I've attempted to go out in search of decent music (jungle, bass, breaks, reggae, beats etc. etc.) and been thoroughly underwhelmed.

Myself and a colleague are - err - in need of throwing ourselves around to some 'filthy' as the term goes... music... and would like to request some help in this matter.

WHQ is poo
    Digital smells of poo

Preferably a night that is busy - not necessarily a big venue.

We usually have to work Friday nights so Saturday night ideas would be amazing.

Thanks in advance.

xx

ReputationRep:
    I'm hopefully going to uni in newcastle next year and when I looked this up, I wasn't too pleased. DnB is hard to come by and so you can forget there being any jungle aha. I would have thought digitals your best bet for dubstep but it's expensive I hear. Man.. I'm gonna miss London

ReputationRep:
    There is definitely a smaller dubstep/dnb/jungle scene, it's just a bit more hidden from students! There are many things on at WHQ but also independent nights at other smaller more intimate venues like Tundra, Dub inna Pub, Sub Level 2 and other various events that pop up

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.