Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How do you deal with stress? Watch

Whether it's school, A levels, university, work, relationships, family or friends, how do you personally deal with being stressed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Whether it's school, A levels, university, work, relationships, family or friends, how do you personally deal with being stressed?
    I'm actually really bad at dealing with stress. I tend to let it get on top of me until I break down, so I'm going to watch this thread and hope someone gives me some ideas on where I'm going wrong...but I read fanfiction and read books on names when worried, if that counts.

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes it cannot be solved unless you deal with the cause. Relationships can be fixed or cut-off. Work on it!

As for your standard school-nerves, I would try to develop a constant sleeping pattern. Also, you could try reading an hour before bed, mediating or listening to relaxing music. A healthy diet helps. Just make sure that you get some personal time to think about things.

ReputationRep:
    I curl up in a ball and rock myself to sleep

Obviously, I'm really bad at dealing with stress...

ReputationRep:
    Stress ball

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emrys141)
    I'm actually really bad at dealing with stress. I tend to let it get on top of me until I break down, so I'm going to watch this thread and hope someone gives me some ideas on where I'm going wrong...but I read fanfiction and read books on names when worried, if that counts.
    I'm the exact same, about 2 weeks ago I found out some bad news and I had other things piling up on my mind, ended up crying for about 3 hours straight

ReputationRep:
    I find stress is usually a biological warning sign to take action. Ask yourself what you could do to feel less stressed.

ReputationRep:
    Food.

ReputationRep:
    I either go for a long walk listening to music or if the weather is bad I'll stay in and listen to it.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    It is rarely that I'm stressed. What should I say? I'm a relax person who doesn't have any worries. In the past I was stressed when I was pushed for time, but I learnt to handle this well.

Whisky.

ReputationRep:
    Phenibut (a supplement) completely kills anxiety/stress for me, but I take it rarely. Even though it works like a benzodiazepine (a controlled substance), it's completely legal.

ReputationRep:
    I just generally push it to the back of my mind and don't think about it until there's something I can do about it.

ReputationRep:
    Go for a run, drink, smoke, have a bath, watch tv. What do you like doing?

ReputationRep:
    Panic and make things seems a billion times worse in my head for a bit,then put on some music(what feels right,from heart wrenchingly sad accoustic to bass heavy angsty rock/metal) and just switch off for a bit,focusing on that.Then get to work,priotising and pro/con listing until I feel more in control of the situation. I also like going for a long walk/jog again with music. I just like taking myself out of a situation where possible and coming back to it with a fresh clear head.

If I'm in a situation where I can't escape,I tend to adopt deep breathing and telling myself it's okay..just to override the avalanche of negative stress fueled thoughts that flood my mind until I can deal with them at a more appropriate time.

ReputationRep:
    Go for a wander, or a run, just get away from it all. Helps to put it all in perspective. Remember, all stress is temporary, don't let it weigh you down or hold you back

ReputationRep:
    Workout like a mother****er

ReputationRep:
    Name:  If_you_know_what_I_mean..png
Views: 84
Size:  51.4 KB

ReputationRep:
    GET MA GROOVE ORNNN:bban::bban::bban::bban::bban:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by xMr_BrightSide)
    Go for a wander, or a run, just get away from it all. Helps to put it all in perspective. Remember, all stress is temporary, don't let it weigh you down or hold you back
    Good advice. I would do sport to reduce or prevent stress. That is the best way to relax, in my view at least. I do sport five times a week and I was never stress, since I begun with.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.