Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

How do you deal with stress? Watch

Whether it's school, A levels, university, work, relationships, family or friends, how do you personally deal with being stressed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Whether it's school, A levels, university, work, relationships, family or friends, how do you personally deal with being stressed?
    I'm actually really bad at dealing with stress. I tend to let it get on top of me until I break down, so I'm going to watch this thread and hope someone gives me some ideas on where I'm going wrong...but I read fanfiction and read books on names when worried, if that counts.

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes it cannot be solved unless you deal with the cause. Relationships can be fixed or cut-off. Work on it!

As for your standard school-nerves, I would try to develop a constant sleeping pattern. Also, you could try reading an hour before bed, mediating or listening to relaxing music. A healthy diet helps. Just make sure that you get some personal time to think about things.

ReputationRep:
    I curl up in a ball and rock myself to sleep

Obviously, I'm really bad at dealing with stress...

ReputationRep:
    Stress ball

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emrys141)
    I'm actually really bad at dealing with stress. I tend to let it get on top of me until I break down, so I'm going to watch this thread and hope someone gives me some ideas on where I'm going wrong...but I read fanfiction and read books on names when worried, if that counts.
    I'm the exact same, about 2 weeks ago I found out some bad news and I had other things piling up on my mind, ended up crying for about 3 hours straight

ReputationRep:
    I find stress is usually a biological warning sign to take action. Ask yourself what you could do to feel less stressed.

ReputationRep:
    Food.

ReputationRep:
    I either go for a long walk listening to music or if the weather is bad I'll stay in and listen to it.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    It is rarely that I'm stressed. What should I say? I'm a relax person who doesn't have any worries. In the past I was stressed when I was pushed for time, but I learnt to handle this well.

Whisky.

ReputationRep:
    Phenibut (a supplement) completely kills anxiety/stress for me, but I take it rarely. Even though it works like a benzodiazepine (a controlled substance), it's completely legal.

ReputationRep:
    I just generally push it to the back of my mind and don't think about it until there's something I can do about it.

ReputationRep:
    Go for a run, drink, smoke, have a bath, watch tv. What do you like doing?

ReputationRep:
    Panic and make things seems a billion times worse in my head for a bit,then put on some music(what feels right,from heart wrenchingly sad accoustic to bass heavy angsty rock/metal) and just switch off for a bit,focusing on that.Then get to work,priotising and pro/con listing until I feel more in control of the situation. I also like going for a long walk/jog again with music. I just like taking myself out of a situation where possible and coming back to it with a fresh clear head.

If I'm in a situation where I can't escape,I tend to adopt deep breathing and telling myself it's okay..just to override the avalanche of negative stress fueled thoughts that flood my mind until I can deal with them at a more appropriate time.

ReputationRep:
    Go for a wander, or a run, just get away from it all. Helps to put it all in perspective. Remember, all stress is temporary, don't let it weigh you down or hold you back

ReputationRep:
    Workout like a mother****er

ReputationRep:
    Name:  If_you_know_what_I_mean..png
Views: 80
Size:  51.4 KB

ReputationRep:
    GET MA GROOVE ORNNN:bban::bban::bban::bban::bban:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xMr_BrightSide)
    Go for a wander, or a run, just get away from it all. Helps to put it all in perspective. Remember, all stress is temporary, don't let it weigh you down or hold you back
    Good advice. I would do sport to reduce or prevent stress. That is the best way to relax, in my view at least. I do sport five times a week and I was never stress, since I begun with.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 26, 2013
Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.