Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Girlfriend won't forgive me :( Watch

ReputationRep:
    Well, stop saying you did nothing wrong.

You put your relationship with your girlfriend at risk so you could talk to someone who wanted to have sex with you.

It is not as if your girlfriend was asking you to stop talking to all your female friends. She was asking you to stop talking to a female friend who obviously wanted to sleep with you.

That is what you did wrong. You knew that was problem and yet you continued till the girl was literally all over you and you were forced to make a decision.

ReputationRep:
    Haaaaaaaaahhh, oh ****. Sorry mate, but that was a really daft move.

I guess all you can do is tell her over and over again what happened. Emphasize the fact you were telling her the truth. Think if there's any ways you could prove what happened. See if you can get the guy you stayed with to reaffirm your story for you? Also, get some mates who know you well to vouch for your honesty.

I know you didn't do anything wrong, but honestly, you've really presented it as if you have. It's hardly her fault for interpreting all this stuff this way. If you're going to spend so much time around another girl, you should at least be comforting and reassuring when she has doubts, not getting mad and stamping off to (and I'll reiterate, it's really daft) that very girl.

ReputationRep:
    You haven't cheated, you haven't done anything inappropriate, and this is simply your girlfriend trying to control your life.

Tell her that she has no right to try and control who you are friends with and that she can either drop the issue and actually trust you or that you'll leave her.

ReputationRep:
    You've technically not done anything wrong, you're girl is just jealous that your investing a lot of time and effort with another girl no matter how platonic the relationship actually is. However, it was a real stupid move going over to her house right after you'd had an argument about the same girl. What were you thinking? It's like your trying to make her think you're cheating when you're not. Kudos for resisting her advances as well.

ReputationRep:
    What you have done isn't cheating and technically not wrong, but perhaps going round this 'girls' house just after you and your long term girlfriend had an argument regarding her, was a little silly.

It's understandable your girlfriend will be filled with all sort of emotions right now, the thought alone that another girl was chasing after you will be hurting her, the fact that you didn't believe her and went round this girls house and your girlfriend was then proven to be right will make her feel frustrated and slightly betrayed, and she's probably almost feeling a sense of relief that you've now realised what was going on.

All of these things will be rushing round in her head, you just need to give her time to think things through.

Hope it all works out.

ReputationRep:
    you should have nailed the other chick

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    You did nothing wrong.

Talk to your girlfriend and give her an ultimatum, if she won't move on and trust you then go for the other girl.
    lol what a rectum!
    who says he had feelings for this other girl? nobody. and his girlfriend may feel insecure, so what??
    dumping her then "going for the other girl" proves she had every right to be worried.
    you sir, I feel sorry for whoever ends up with you!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hello all, anon for obvious reasons.

So basically be going out with my girlfriend for 3-4 years now. Its been a good relationship, obviously with the occasional fight or two but we've always agreed that it has made us stronger as a couple so I hope that this will also make us stronger.

Anyway at the beginning of this year (I'm a 2nd year) I went out with the new first years to welcome them to the uni/city. Made friends with a fair few of them and invite them to parties and such, vice versa. However there was this one girl who became quite a good friend quite quickly, to the point where she would be actively asking me to go round her house to help out with first year work and such. When she was drunk she was flirty but I just put that down to alcohol, she would normally end up getting with some other guy out anyway.

So yeah, after a while my girlfriend started to complain that she didn't like how much this girl was texting me and how much time I spent with her helping her do work and that the girl gets "suspiciously" excited whenever she knew I was around. I told her that there was nothing to worry about and that she only saw me as a friend. However over christmas this girl tried to persuade me to visit her in london. I told her no but my girlfriend still got a tad annoyed about it and that I would still be spending time with her.

About a month ago after obviously seeing this girl a lot due to working in the same areas at uni my girlfriend in a bad mood decided she wanted to talk about it, heres how it went.

Her: I just think we should talk about her, it's upsetting me
    Me: Okay well what's on your mind?
    Her: I don't like how much time you've been spending with this girl.
    Me: Thats not my fault, she's on my course and needs my help!
    Her: Just tell me, are you cheating on me with her?
    Me: Oh for god sake no! I've been with you for so long, I wouldn't do that and you should know that.
    Her: It's just you spend so much time with her, has she tried anything?
    Me*in a bad mood*: Oh for **** sake.

So I stormed out of the house and rang the girl saying I needed a chill and I was pretty mad. She said it was cool and that my girlfriend would calm down after a while. So I went round....was weird as soon as I walked into the house. She came down the stairs wearing long socks, short skirt, tight top, tight bra, hair all curly. Anyway we went upstairs to her room, she asked me what was up. I told her then it got all...well she came onto me and tried to kiss me. I told her no, she said she knew I wanted her. I told her no and left.

Spent the night at my mates (guy) then in the morning went home and spoke to my girlfriend. She apologised to me for being suspicious so I told her what had happened. She just told me to leave her room.

Now she won't talk to me What do I do? I don't know how to fix this, I didn't even cheat!
    You seem to have got yourself a rather clingy girlfriend. Given that, according to you, you didn't even cheat; I don't see why you should feel in the wrong. As for telling her that she tried to kiss you, that wasn't the best of moves. But given that you didn't accept it, and infact remained loyal to your girlfriend; I think she should be the one apologising to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hello all, anon for obvious reasons.

So basically be going out with my girlfriend for 3-4 years now. Its been a good relationship, obviously with the occasional fight or two but we've always agreed that it has made us stronger as a couple so I hope that this will also make us stronger.

Anyway at the beginning of this year (I'm a 2nd year) I went out with the new first years to welcome them to the uni/city. Made friends with a fair few of them and invite them to parties and such, vice versa. However there was this one girl who became quite a good friend quite quickly, to the point where she would be actively asking me to go round her house to help out with first year work and such. When she was drunk she was flirty but I just put that down to alcohol, she would normally end up getting with some other guy out anyway.

So yeah, after a while my girlfriend started to complain that she didn't like how much this girl was texting me and how much time I spent with her helping her do work and that the girl gets "suspiciously" excited whenever she knew I was around. I told her that there was nothing to worry about and that she only saw me as a friend. However over christmas this girl tried to persuade me to visit her in london. I told her no but my girlfriend still got a tad annoyed about it and that I would still be spending time with her.

About a month ago after obviously seeing this girl a lot due to working in the same areas at uni my girlfriend in a bad mood decided she wanted to talk about it, heres how it went.

Her: I just think we should talk about her, it's upsetting me
    Me: Okay well what's on your mind?
    Her: I don't like how much time you've been spending with this girl.
    Me: Thats not my fault, she's on my course and needs my help!
    Her: Just tell me, are you cheating on me with her?
    Me: Oh for god sake no! I've been with you for so long, I wouldn't do that and you should know that.
    Her: It's just you spend so much time with her, has she tried anything?
    Me*in a bad mood*: Oh for **** sake.

So I stormed out of the house and rang the girl saying I needed a chill and I was pretty mad. She said it was cool and that my girlfriend would calm down after a while. So I went round....was weird as soon as I walked into the house. She came down the stairs wearing long socks, short skirt, tight top, tight bra, hair all curly. Anyway we went upstairs to her room, she asked me what was up. I told her then it got all...well she came onto me and tried to kiss me. I told her no, she said she knew I wanted her. I told her no and left.

Spent the night at my mates (guy) then in the morning went home and spoke to my girlfriend. She apologised to me for being suspicious so I told her what had happened. She just told me to leave her room.

Now she won't talk to me What do I do? I don't know how to fix this, I didn't even cheat!
    Lol

You didn't cheat nor did anything wrong. I just think your gf should listen more carefully to your words and realise that nothing happened except you running away. If she is still mad... oh well, then it just means she likes drama and/or is very silly *shurg*

Oh, it could also be that she is mad because even after having that talk about the girl, you still went straight to hers. That would be pretty upsetting tbh. Just apologise once more and if she won't forgive you, then there's not much else you can do.

ReputationRep:
    The fact that you went straight round to the others girls house after having a fight with your girlfriend is probably what made her angry again. She obviously feels that your confiding in this other girl and so you must be close with her, so she probably does feel like somethings gone on in the past. Just leave it for a bit, and then try and speak to her again, apologise and explain again. Your timing couldn't have been any worse! Hope it works out for you though.

ReputationRep:
    Your girlfriends angry at you for seeing this girl so you immediately go to get house? You kinda had this coming bro...
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littledolly)
    lol what a rectum!
    who says he had feelings for this other girl? nobody. and his girlfriend may feel insecure, so what??
    dumping her then "going for the other girl" proves she had every right to be worried.
    you sir, I feel sorry for whoever ends up with you!!!
    He may love his girlfriend but somewhere in his mind he has feelings for the other girl based on the fact that he turned to her almost instantly after having an argument about her.

ReputationRep:
    Going over to her house after the row was a ridiculous decision mate.

ReputationRep:
    if you really want this relationship to work, cut all ties with the girl, don't talk to her and just keep her at a distance. you should have avoided her in the 1st place, but hey no-one's perfect. just try and win your gf back. i understand why she's upset, but show her how much she means to you..good luck

ReputationRep:
    I don't see you working things out with your gf without cutting all ties with this girl.
    You need to decide whether your friendship with this girl is more important than your relationship.

ReputationRep:
    The mistake was going straight to this girls house after arguing with your girlfriend about her..!

I'm sure that's clear even to you with hindsight.

Perhaps try talking to her again, explaining you left as soon as she turned off friend-mode, and text the girl (with your girlfriend present) whatever so that you can convince your girlfriend from her response that nothing happened.

Then stop seeing (as friends even) this other girl, delete her contact, etc. She's worked herself up over it and is never going to manage to quite move on from it and accept this girl as your friend.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 25, 2013
Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.