Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    wow you better hope you enjoy Sheffield then
    I am enjoying Sheffield.

ReputationRep:
    I declined Bristol and Exeter for Southampton. Bristol is in general more prestigious, and Exeter is slightly better for Archaeology (my course) if you're basing it on league tables (I think they're one or two places higher).

Southampton's course seemed the most interesting, the campus and accommodation was my favourite out of all the places I visited, and I just think I'll be happier there.

ReputationRep:
    Rejecting Imperial College because the people I met there seem reserved, the staff (including lecturers) seem hostile and the campus isn't particularly nice either. Going to be firming Durham instead, I appreciate the collegiate system and the active social experience at Durham as opposed to Imperial.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colroyd)
    Rejecting Imperial College because the people I met there seem reserved, the staff (including lecturers) seem hostile and the campus isn't particularly nice either. Going to be firming Durham instead, I appreciate the collegiate system and the active social experience at Durham as opposed to London.
    Nothing wrong with London its just imperial

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    Nothing wrong with London its just imperial
    I meant Imperial. I'll change it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .snowflake.)
    Declined UCL for Sheffield. Don't regret it at all, and to be honest, most people around me didnt blame me for doing it after finding out what my interview was like.
    Edit - sorry, just saw the bottom of the first page.

ReputationRep:
    Last year I declined St Andrews and put York as my firm and after now, after terms there, I know I made the right decision. The course is better for me (less traditional), the classes are smaller and the people there are much more my kind of people

ReputationRep:
    Rejected Bath for UEA for pharmacy !! Bath town is a bit too quiet for me

ReputationRep:
    I turned down Exeter for Kent, because I was given an offer from the Exeter cornwall campus which I didn't want to go to and I love Kent, both my 'rents went there and its quite high in the league tables for English.

ReputationRep:
    I turned down a Warwick interview because I was fed up with them sitting on my application. Their offer would have been relatively insignificant anyway so I had few qualms. Although there was a feeling of recklessness :cool:

ReputationRep:
    No I didn't but if I had to drop one then I wouldn't do it by Uni but by how much the course/qualification will help me in further life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fimblesocks)
    I declined Nottingham for Leicester. My parents were fine with it because they know it's best for me and besides, if they were worried about league tables, although the offer was higher Leicester are actually higher for my subject. School will be fine because they want us to do what we want.
    I have the same decision you had to make, mind if I ask what your reasons were?

ReputationRep:
    Declined a natsci offer from UEA of AAB for Leicester's Interdisciplinary science course :P just preferred Leicester

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Inquisitive)
    Declined LSE for UCL. Had to choose where I'd be happiest, really. I did feel pressured to accept simply because it's LSE, but I know I would have just ended up hating it, and regretting the decision.
    HAHA Lol'd hard :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boredbeth13)
    I started this thread as I'm considering declining Durham! I also have an offer from Sheffield although my main alternative is York And my exact reason for questioning Durham is that I'm from a very working class area and am worried the lifestyle won't be for me. I know that York is still quite middle class but it's definitely not anywhere near as traditional as Durham. It's so nice to see someone in the same position as me!
    Haha, that's weird because York was also one of my favourite ones and in the end I put it as my insurance! Have you visited Durham or any the uni's yet because that definitely helped me to decide and find out what I liked

ReputationRep:
    Caridiff and Exeter, chose Cardiff.

ReputationRep:
    The first time I applied for uni, I rejected Durham in favour of Keele.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ultimate1)
    HAHA Lol'd hard :rofl:
    I genuinely don't get the vitriol?

ReputationRep:
    I rejected KCL for the institute for the godless scum of gower street, I felt that the course at UCL was closer suited to what I was looking for.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jodie_668)
    Haha, that's weird because York was also one of my favourite ones and in the end I put it as my insurance! Have you visited Durham or any the uni's yet because that definitely helped me to decide and find out what I liked
    Ha that is weird! Yeah I've visited all five of my choices -York and Durham twice. I think my issues with Durham are partly down to my choice of college. I went for Castle just to see if I could get a place, not thinking I would, but I now realise that I might feel out of place there. Plus I don't really want catered , and the accommodation in general isn't great D:

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.