Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    i'm trying to get to Italy's La Villa in the dolomites to get some snowboard coaching experience as that is my career ambition to teach snowbaording out there.

My difficulty is the expense that this will be, does anyone know of any scholarships or funds that you can apply for for this sort of thing???

ReputationRep:
    Snowboarding instruction courses should cost around a few grand.

Given it's almost spring why not get a job, save up over the summer, and go next season?

EDIT:

From your post you say you want snowboarding coaching experience, this means I assume you already have some? If you do, then that means you've gone through BASI which if you have means you can just go out there and apply.

If you want to just go out there with no experience and have not instructed before, or taking an instruction course, then it's not going to happen.

This took me like 10 minutes to find out on google; and with some knowledge of my own knowledge (I have friends who are snowboard instructors/competitive snowboarders).

ReputationRep:
    i need to get the qualifications, that is one of the reasons i'm going out there, but it is alsoto get some experience and increse my own skill level through being mentored by their insturctors. The problem with finding a job is that i live in a very small rural town and there are very few jb oppourtuiniteis, it is difficult for me to travel. I was just looking for anyone who knew of any way that i could raise money fast, or grants that i could get or what not.

Also i am plannng on going next season, in january for 3 weeks, however i need to raise nearly £3000 before then.

ReputationRep:
    So, to be honest, it would be a helluva lot cheaper to get those qualifications in the UK. Then you could potentially work at a dry or indoor slope (might not be one near you though if you're really that rural) to get some on the job experience and then you could go do a season as a qualified instructor, rather than paying for an expensive instructing course?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alta Badia)
    Hey,
    i'm trying to get to Italy's La Villa in the dolomites to get some snowboard coaching experience as that is my career ambition to teach snowbaording out there.

My difficulty is the expense that this will be, does anyone know of any scholarships or funds that you can apply for for this sort of thing???
    Hi Alta Badia!

First of all, congrats for your name; I love it, as I love that place .
    I will start by saying that I am a snowboarder as well, from Italy, hence I have been to the Alps in Trentino Alto Adige a lot of times.
    I have a lot of friends which are snowboard instructors there. Once I asked one of them to tell me wheter it was difficult to become an instructor, as they maked it seem so easy; he told me it is quite a long process, but that it gives you a big satisfaction to teach people to ride.
    The point is: should you need some specific information directly from one of them, tell me and I will try to get in touch with them and then report you their answers.
    Good luck with your goal!

P.s.: Have you applied for any Uni course?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snowzurfer)
    Hi Alta Badia!

First of all, congrats for your name; I love it, as I love that place .
    I will start by saying that I am a snowboarder as well, from Italy, hence I have been to the Alps in Trentino Alto Adige a lot of times.
    I have a lot of friends which are snowboard instructors there. Once I asked one of them to tell me wheter it was difficult to become an instructor, as they maked it seem so easy; he told me it is quite a long process, but that it gives you a big satisfaction to teach people to ride.
    The point is: should you need some specific information directly from one of them, tell me and I will try to get in touch with them and then report you their answers.
    Good luck with your goal!

P.s.: Have you applied for any Uni course?
    who can you get in touch with?? i know a few from Alta Badia. yes, i've applied for sports and exercise science at uni, hoping it will give me an edge to getting a job. it would be great if you could get in touch with some of them tho

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alta Badia)
    who can you get in touch with?? i know a few from Alta Badia. yes, i've applied for sports and exercise science at uni, hoping it will give me an edge to getting a job. it would be great if you could get in touch with some of them tho
    I have sent you a PM about it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.