Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    A couple of my friends aren't happy that I get along with a guy they don't really get along with. One of my friends says I seem to be a bad friend because of it - which annoys me because it doesn't make me a bad friend.
    I always feel like they're ganging up on me when they tease me and I spoke to one of the girls about it and she said that it was just a bit of banter and it's all for fun. I'm planning on speaking to the other girl seperatly too so I can voice my opinion to her. Everytime something bad happens and I'm involved in it somehow they automatically assume I must have done something. They don't even try to listen to my side very clearly. Like if somebody has told them I've said something, yes they approach me but when I do speak out they tend to speak over me and I can hardly get a word in and it's annoying because they accuse me of things that aren't true.

They both think that I don't like either one of them. Sometimes I feel like that but they're my friends and I don't dislike them or even hate them. Sometimes I just find it frustrating how I feel like I'm being picked on and so when they whisper things it gets me paranoid because I think it's about me. I feel like the only way for me to talk to them and get them to hear me out is by talking to them individually but when they're together they act really immature and sometimes I feel like giving up. But I'm not ok with them making me feel like **** and it's like when I speak out sometimes it feels like it's making the matter worse.

Any help?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Safiya122)
    A couple of my friends aren't happy that I get along with a guy they don't really get along with. One of my friends says I seem to be a bad friend because of it - which annoys me because it doesn't make me a bad friend.
    I always feel like they're ganging up on me when they tease me and I spoke to one of the girls about it and she said that it was just a bit of banter and it's all for fun. I'm planning on speaking to the other girl seperatly too so I can voice my opinion to her. Everytime something bad happens and I'm involved in it somehow they automatically assume I must have done something. They don't even try to listen to my side very clearly. Like if somebody has told them I've said something, yes they approach me but when I do speak out they tend to speak over me and I can hardly get a word in and it's annoying because they accuse me of things that aren't true.

They both think that I don't like either one of them. Sometimes I feel like that but they're my friends and I don't dislike them or even hate them. Sometimes I just find it frustrating how I feel like I'm being picked on and so when they whisper things it gets me paranoid because I think it's about me. I feel like the only way for me to talk to them and get them to hear me out is by talking to them individually but when they're together they act really immature and sometimes I feel like giving up. But I'm not ok with them making me feel like **** and it's like when I speak out sometimes it feels like it's making the matter worse.

Any help?

Do they usually speak over you and not let you get a word in when you are all in a group together? Have you tried telling another one of your friends (other than the girl you spoke to on her own) how you feel? Perhaps explain to them that it frustrates you when they talk over you and that you're feeling unhappy.
    Also try explaining to them that you don't want them to think you are a bad friend because of this, and ask them if you can all sit down and talk about it without the banter?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 25, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.