Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

ReputationRep:
    I'm curious, do people still have pen pals anymore, or is it all texting, IMing and emailing?

Are people open to the idea of pen pals or is it outdated?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'd love a penpal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheReckless)
    I'd love a penpal
    Me too
    I love the idea of having a pen pal
    I used to have some when I was a kid, but we stopped talking so much

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I still have one. Lee in china, I used to write to him in primary school to help him with his english and he recently started writing to me again because he is planing to study in England. I think it would be so good if there was like sites to join to have pen pals haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sambo-evo)
    I still have one. Lee in china, I used to write to him in primary school to help him with his english and he recently started writing to me again because he is planing to study in England. I think it would be so good if there was like sites to join to have pen pals haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think there are sites like that
    Though I think they're mostly email orientated now, and unfortunately, not frequently visited

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ah. I didn't know. Well, we email now as it's easier for both of us but I do miss the whole letter in post haha. Something nostalgic about letters.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sambo-evo)
    Ah. I didn't know. Well, we email now as it's easier for both of us but I do miss the whole letter in post haha. Something nostalgic about letters.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Me too! The pen pal I had as a child was my best friend in primary school, but I moved away, so it was our way of staying friends. I used to check the post every day to see if she'd written, and I'd be so excited when she did

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Aww, I was like in primary as well. Love letters. You can keep them as well as when they add photos and little things it's the best. I miss letters haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Hi to all the beautiful people.I live in America.I wanna pen pal

ReputationRep:
    I'd love a pen pal too, anyone interested?

ReputationRep:
    I'd love a penpal too..anyone interested? I really need someone to help me for improving my english

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I have pen pals, or rather I have friends that I just happen to write letters to. I love writing them, and getting them back.

ReputationRep:
    I'd love to have a pen pal too Anyone interested?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Global pen friends is a pretty good website for pen pals, or if you either live in Germany or want a German penpal, letternet.de is reasonable

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 22, 2013
Poll
Which web browser do you use?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.