Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I sent my UCAS form off back in October and I still haven't heard back from York. I was wondering if anyon else had gotten an offer/rejection yet and how long I might have to wait because I really need to start applying for accomodation

ReputationRep:
    If you don't hear back by March 31st, you won't hear. (I think that's the cut off).

I think York are a bit random with their responses, I applied in Jan and got an unconditional within a couple of weeks. But I've heard others have had to wait much longer.

ReputationRep:
    I applied in October too and got an offer about two weeks later. Judging by the amount of people I saw on the post offer day, I imagine quite a few others willhave heard by now too, but I wouldn't worry too much at this stage - no news is good news, right?

You haven't said whether you're planning to actually accept an offer if/ when it comes, but if you are, I wouldn't worry too much about accomodation because you can't apply until August anyway. And if you've already decided on a Firm/ Insurance that isn't York, you don't have to wait for them to reply - just cancel your application on Track.

If you did want to put York as either your firm or insurance but your other choice allows you to apply for accomodation much earlier, then all you can really do is wait.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.