Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hello guys,

I started revising for Economics and I am usually a level 7 student.
    Though, I do not feel like reading through teh whole Pearson Economics 550 pages book again and again. So, does someone have recommendations for a IB HL economics revision guide which perfectly covers all aspects of the syllabus and includes examples and evaluation?

For now I found
    -IB Economics 2nd Edition: Study Guide for the IB diploma by Constantine Ziogas
    This one seems quite nice but not sure if it contains everything tbh.
    -IB Economics: Skills and Practice: For the IB diploma by Constantine Ziogas
    This one looks better but from the title im not sure whether it actually contains everyhting of the syllabus or whether it just gives some examples of IB questions.
    - The OSC IB revision guides. These are simply not good enough (do not contain necessary information to get a 7 with imo)

Any advice?

ReputationRep:
    Honestly if you want a 7 you gotta put the hours in.
    You could look at Welker videos on youtube and revise with those (take so long believe me)
    You can get the blue study guide by Blink. It is very comprehensive and honestly all I really am doing ( need to get a 7 as well )

DO you take history by any chance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by worldobserver)
    You could look at Welker videos on youtube and revise with those (take so long believe me)
    You can get the blue study guide by Blink. It is very comprehensive and honestly all I really am doing ( need to get a 7 as well )

Yeah I noticed which is why I have already read my way through half of the 600 pages. Though, since I won't be remembering absolutely everything for it, I would like to know a good study guide which shows everything we need to know according to the syllabus in a more compact form.
    Do you have the full name of that study guide?

No i dont take history

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Giveme45)
    Yeah I noticed which is why I have already read my way through half of the 600 pages. Though, since I won't be remembering absolutely everything for it, I would like to know a good study guide which shows everything we need to know according to the syllabus in a more compact form.
    Do you have the full name of that study guide?

No i dont take history
    Yeah I totally get what you mean, I went through macro yesterday and the views are ridiculous. How much we have to know, classical, moneterist, keynesian... Its kinda scary! Where do you live?
    And yeah the book is called
    Economics Course Companion Oxford by Jocelyn Blink

ReputationRep:

Hi, sorry to butt in but I do higher history and was just wondering how you're revising for it? I'm finding it so hard right now and just can't bring myself to revise it for more than half an hour

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mcdermie)
    Hi, sorry to butt in but I do higher history and was just wondering how you're revising for it? I'm finding it so hard right now and just can't bring myself to revise it for more than half an hour

I have finished going through paper one cause honestly its so easy. GO through the first few chapters of the IB book (pearson one) and or OSC revision guides
    For the rest of it I am making short notes and plans. I am doing route 2 if you want any help you can send me your plans and stuff!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I totally get what you mean, I went through macro yesterday and the views are ridiculous. How much we have to know, classical, moneterist, keynesian... Its kinda scary! Where do you live?
    And yeah the book is called
    Economics Course Companion Oxford by Jocelyn Blink
    I live in Germany and you? Yeah i also just finished macro :P
    Do you think the economics course companion will make a difference to pearson by much? It seems like both are quite filled with detail tbh ^^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Giveme45)
    I live in Germany and you? Yeah i also just finished macro :P
    Do you think the economics course companion will make a difference to pearson by much? It seems like both are quite filled with detail tbh ^^
    I live in Dubai and today finshed international!!1
    one more topic then onto passed papers! woooot.. Yeah they are both quite massive so it doesnt make to big of a difference.
    The pearson one confuses me though.. Too much to handle! do you have the new one?
    Oh and I am terrified for paper 3

ReputationRep:
    I live in Dubai and today finshed international!!1
    one more topic then onto passed papers! woooot.. Yeah they are both quite massive so it doesnt make to big of a difference.
    The pearson one confuses me though.. Too much to handle! do you have the new one?
    Oh and I am terrified for paper 3
    I think the pearson one is great, but yeah afraid that i wont remember everything.
    I think i haev the new one, its pink if that helps haha.

ReputationRep:
    I have finished going through paper one cause honestly its so easy. GO through the first few chapters of the IB book (pearson one) and or OSC revision guides
    For the rest of it I am making short notes and plans. I am doing route 2 if you want any help you can send me your plans and stuff!
    Yeah I've finished document paper revision because that was pretty simple but everything else is just stress which one is route two? I'm doing world wars and single party states for standard then unification of Germany and Italy and Russia and the fall of tsardom for higher?
    I also don't have a revision guide, stress!!
    Thankyou for replying

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Applying to university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.