Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hi me and my gf have been together for nearly 3 years, when we first met was great. We got a flat together 2 years ago and I got a good job here now. Shes halfway through her uni course.

Since we moved in it its gone pretty downhill. Neither one of us tidies up so its always a mess, we give it a good clean once a month.

We probably have sex once a month.

I love her but I think it's only going to get worse.

Now we just seem like good friends, she always asks me about getting married but I don't know about it now.

I think we should go our separate ways but I tried to tell her I wanted to move abroad and work their (as it's been my plan from when I can remember), she didn't want to and was really upset about it. She is considering moving to see if she would like it but, I know and she knows she won't because she would really miss her family, where as I won't because mine live in different countries anyway..

I don't want to hurt her because I love her and I know if I leave her she will be destroyed. I was thinking about first letting her finish her year and half at uni as I wouldn't want to jeopardize this for her. Is this a good idea to wait for that?

ReputationRep:
    Don't hang on to a relationship for an extra year and a half! That's a year and a half that she could use to get over you and move on. If you really think that you can't be together, you need to break up now. But it sounds like your relationship can be salvaged, if you both put in an effort to pick up after yourselves and improve your sex life. If she's willing to try out the move, it might actually be good for her to get away and go somewhere new.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 25, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.