Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hullo,
    Im an Indian applicant, and while I've made it so far in the application process without going completely crazy, I think this may just be the tipping point! I'm trying to decide between York and Kings College London for a BA in literature. I like the course structure at both places, and I am convinced that both institutions will give me a wonderful educational experience and plenty of opportunities to grow.
    , I've lived in london before, and since I've only resided in big cities all my life I know I'll be comfortable there. More so than York,anyway. KCL is also more reputed globally, possibly because its older.
    york, on the other hand, has that rustic beauty mixed with city life, which is really appealing. Its also supposed to have a course structure that allows professors to text to know the student and their styles and perspectives vey well on an individual level. And give that KCL is situated in London, York is slightly more affordable.
    I really am desperate, because I have to respond to my offers soon. Can someone please share some insight, and help me make the right choice?
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    Read the course descriptions, including the detailed descriptions of the individual units/modules for each of the three years of the course, very carefully. Which one do you prefer? Which one will hold your interest for three years?

Both the Unis you have named are 'good' Unis - so dont get hung up on the nitty-gritty of the supposed prestige or ranking of each Uni. Choose the course you will enjoy the most and at the University *you* will feel the most comfortable at.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.