Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello all. Bit of help needed, I'm coming up with a list of positive and negative impacts in terms of Cloud Computing for small to medium businesses. To be honest even large businesses.

Wondered if anybody could just pop up with a few.

Many thanks!

(Original post by Bubzeh)
    Hello all. Bit of help needed, I'm coming up with a list of positive and negative impacts in terms of Cloud Computing for small to medium businesses. To be honest even large businesses.

Wondered if anybody could just pop up with a few.

Many thanks!
    What have you come up with so far yourself?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stonebridge)
    What have you come up with so far yourself?
    Well I've listed a few, for instance, shared storage, accessing content on the go, backing up files, those type of things, however, I'm struggling a little with the impact of them.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    RISK:

Third party becomes responsible for your data security. i.e. You are not in sole control of your own data. Once hacked, lots of businesses affected.
    Third party has limited liability.
    Single point failures: i.e. Network or service provider network goes down, business is at risk.
    Service provider could cease trading with little or no notice.
    Susceptible to price hikes, mergers, acquisitions.
    Much more difficult to migrate between service providers.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    RISK:

Third party becomes responsible for your data security. i.e. You are not in sole control of your own data. Once hacked, lots of businesses affected.
    Third party has limited liability.
    Single point failures: i.e. Network or service provider network goes down, server failures etc. business is at risk.
    Service provider could cease trading with little or no notice.
    Susceptible to price hikes, mergers, acquisitions.
    Much more difficult to migrate between service providers.

ReputationRep:
    Positive impacts - see what the cloud providers state, and decide for yourself if what they are saying makes sense.

e.g. see aws.amazon.com www.hpcloud.com etc.

aws and hp offer trial accounts....

T3

ReputationRep:
    Thank you, all.

I basically had to go down the route of IaaS and DaaS, those kind of things.

Sorry about the late reply

ReputationRep:
    My mum was worried about her files not being available if we had a clear sky.
    At least that isn't a concern.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.