The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Accounting&Finance. Accommodation?

Hello everyone. I'm strongly thinking of putting down Kent as my firm choice university and I was wondering what accommodation is the best for me. I'm going to do an Accounting and Finance degree, so most lectures (if not all) will be in the Business School.

So I was wondering where would be the best place to apply for accommodation. I was thinking Parkwood would seem ideal. Any other suggestions? Also, anyone here planning on doing an Accounting and Finance (or any other similar degree) at Kent? Any ex-students or current students have any problems with accommodation or the degree? Would love to know more. Thanks.
Hi GeorgeLow,

Even though you have applied for an Accounting and Finance degree, not all your lectures will be in the Business School. Your lectures and seminars can take place anywhere on campus. I studied Law and Business at Kent, and during my first year none of my lectures or seminars took place at the business school! So don't worry about it when you are thinking about your accomodation!

There is a range of accomodation available, depending on whether you would prefer catered or self-catered, or en-suite. You can have a look at all the accomodation available on our website: http://www.kent.ac.uk/accommodation/canterbury/apply/index.html .

I hope this helps!

Marta
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 2
Hello people,
I couldn't find anything about 2013-2014 postgraduate fees in Kent's official page. Does anyone know this year's fees???
Hi Sisyphusss,

Sorry you couldn't find what you're looking for, I've spoken with our information team who confirm that the fees for this year are £4950 for taught programmes and around £3924 for research programmes. These will be confirmed on the website in the next few weeks but hopefully this helps you a little.

Thanks,

Kayleigh
Reply 4
Original post by University of Kent
Hi Sisyphusss,

Sorry you couldn't find what you're looking for, I've spoken with our information team who confirm that the fees for this year are £4950 for taught programmes and around £3924 for research programmes. These will be confirmed on the website in the next few weeks but hopefully this helps you a little.

Thanks,

Kayleigh

Hello,
Sorry I forgot to tell you, I am an overseas student. I think these are resident students' fees. Thank you.
Original post by sisyphusss
Hello,
Sorry I forgot to tell you, I am an overseas student. I think these are resident students' fees. Thank you.

Hi sisyphusss,

OK, here is a helpful link with more detailed fees for both Home and Overseas students:
http://www.kent.ac.uk/finance-student/fees/postgraduate/postgrad_tuitionfees_2012.html

Hope this helps

Kayleigh
Reply 6
Hey guys, I'm new in the forum. I'm Italian and I'm spending the next year (Sept 2013-June 2014) at Kent due to Erasmus scholarship. I'm waiting for my ID and password in order to start my accomodation form, but I'm a bit worried I won't get the room I hope =( when did the accomodation form start? I'm probably going to apply for Park Wood 6 bed houses!
Dear Dic,

After a student submits an application for the erasmus programme with us, we will process it and send a student ID and details about accommodation. Have you received your student ID? With this student ID you will then be able to register on the accommodation website and apply for a room. If want us to check your erasmus application, and see whether your student ID has been processed, please send us a private message with your full name and e-mail address, or otherwise e-mail [email protected] and they will be able to help you.

The application for accommodation started at the beginning of the year, but do not worry because if you apply for accommodation before the 31st of July you are guaranteed a room on campus. You will be asked to make three choices, in order of preference. The accommodation office will take into account your preferences, but the rooms are then allocated on a first-come-first-serve basis, depending on the date of application. The most popular rooms are the en-suite, so for the Park Wood 6 bed houses you should be ok (as long as you apply before the deadline!).

I hope this helps :smile: Good luck!

Marta
Original post by GeorgeLow
Hello everyone. I'm strongly thinking of putting down Kent as my firm choice university and I was wondering what accommodation is the best for me. I'm going to do an Accounting and Finance degree, so most lectures (if not all) will be in the Business School.

So I was wondering where would be the best place to apply for accommodation. I was thinking Parkwood would seem ideal. Any other suggestions? Also, anyone here planning on doing an Accounting and Finance (or any other similar degree) at Kent? Any ex-students or current students have any problems with accommodation or the degree? Would love to know more. Thanks.

I'm doing A & F too!
Reply 9
Original post by University of Kent
Dear Dic,

After a student submits an application for the erasmus programme with us, we will process it and send a student ID and details about accommodation. Have you received your student ID? With this student ID you will then be able to register on the accommodation website and apply for a room. If want us to check your erasmus application, and see whether your student ID has been processed, please send us a private message with your full name and e-mail address, or otherwise e-mail [email protected] and they will be able to help you.

The application for accommodation started at the beginning of the year, but do not worry because if you apply for accommodation before the 31st of July you are guaranteed a room on campus. You will be asked to make three choices, in order of preference. The accommodation office will take into account your preferences, but the rooms are then allocated on a first-come-first-serve basis, depending on the date of application. The most popular rooms are the en-suite, so for the Park Wood 6 bed houses you should be ok (as long as you apply before the deadline!).

I hope this helps :smile: Good luck!

Marta

I've received all I needed and submitted for accomodation last week, thak you! I picked up as my first three choices Park Wood 6 Houses, 5 bed houses and flats in order to get a room in that accomodation area. I'd love to live in the woods! Thank you for your answer :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by J.Nalbandian14
I'm doing A & F too!

Woo! What accommodation have you applied to?
Woo! What accommodation have you applied to?

Sorry for the late reply! Only just firmed this course very recently. Haven't applied for accom yet but will be soon, still ruminating and deciding. Which one did you go for?
Reply 12
Original post by J.Nalbandian14
Sorry for the late reply! Only just firmed this course very recently. Haven't applied for accom yet but will be soon, still ruminating and deciding. Which one did you go for?

I went for Parkwood Houses 5 people, then I picked the 6 people Houses in Parkwood as a back-up sort of thing.
Reply 13
I went for Parkwood Houses 5 people, then I picked the 6 people Houses in Parkwood as a back-up sort of thing.

Park Wood 6 people houses are also known as "party houses" ;D

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending