Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm fine with one side of the course worth 50% (it's on British warfare, conflict and change) but the other sides (about presidents of the USA and civil rights) is just killing me. I can't remember all this political stuff, I can't seem to right about it and I'm getting so worked up.

All I've ever wanted to do was History (maybe Ancient History) at uni...I felt like it was my subject, you know? The only think I actually like and if I fail AS (or don't get a good enough grade) then I don't know what I'll do. We have to write our personal statements before we get our results and if I do mine on the assumption I apply for history, but then do really badly at AS, what do I do?

I'm going crazy here - I don't know how to revise all this political stuff, partly because I'm not interested in it all. Please help!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Emrys141)
    I'm fine with one side of the course worth 50% (it's on British warfare, conflict and change) but the other sides (about presidents of the USA and civil rights) is just killing me. I can't remember all this political stuff, I can't seem to right about it and I'm getting so worked up.

All I've ever wanted to do was History (maybe Ancient History) at uni...I felt like it was my subject, you know? The only think I actually like and if I fail AS (or don't get a good enough grade) then I don't know what I'll do. We have to write our personal statements before we get our results and if I do mine on the assumption I apply for history, but then do really badly at AS, what do I do?

I'm going crazy here - I don't know how to revise all this political stuff, partly because I'm not interested in it all. Please help!

I hate to break it to you but history and politics tend to intertwine quite a lot and it certainly doesn't change much at university.

Maybe you could get to grips with some basic fundamentals of politics and that would make things clearer? Please don't be disheartened, I know plenty of people who struggled at AS with the understanding at first. It truly is a massive step up from previous study and I can guarantee if you stick with it it will eventually click.

I'm always happy to help explain or answer questions you are stuck on to the best of my ability. What exactly can't you get your head around?

Ask away, don't give up, provided history is what you want to do you'll get okay at it eventually.

ReputationRep:
    Political history - just try mindmaps with the main theme or policy in the centre and just extrapalate every point to cover all bases and end in one good defining example that you can use for a range of questions/approaches.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 27, 2013
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.