Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have a Packard Bell Easynote TJ71. The sound has stopped working Nothing comes from the speakers nor does it work if I plug headphones in. If I play music and click on the speaker icon, the green bar comes up showing the sound like it should be playing.

I have gone into the control panel -- sound and there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the speakers or the level they are set at. I restarted the laptop and it didn't work. I downloaded the audio driver from the packard bell website, reinstalled it, restarted the computer - that didn't work.

What else can I do?

ReputationRep:
    bump! I need sound for a project

ReputationRep:
    Click on the sound button on the bottom right of your screen, click on "mixer", make sure your browser or music player or whatever isn't muted. That's as far as my limited knowledge goes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirRamAlot)
    Click on the sound button on the bottom right of your screen, click on "mixer", make sure your browser or music player or whatever isn't muted. That's as far as my limited knowledge goes.
    Yep they're not, I've got Itunes running and the green bar is going up and down like it should be playing a sound.

Thanks anyway!Name:  Untitled1.png
Views: 39
Size:  30.2 KB

:dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    You might have muted it by accident with the key combination, on the F-keys generally you should see some symbols like volume up/down/mute sign etc, hold 'FN' and push the mute symbol.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.