Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I couldn't find a thread on this exam so I though I'd make one!
    So, how is everyone revising for this unit? Which two topics are you most likely to answer in the exam?

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    I find making mnemonics is probably the best way to remember arguments.. My house is plastered with various posters! I'm not a fan of the core executive, it's all too complicated Which ones are you planning on answering?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ReaB)
    I find making mnemonics is probably the best way to remember arguments.. My house is plastered with various posters! I'm not a fan of the core executive, it's all too complicated Which ones are you planning on answering?
    That's a really good method actually! No way, core executive is too long and I agree; it certainly is complicated. Well for Unit 3 I'm thinking of answering on the 'Voting systems' and 'Political Parties'. For Unit 4, I'll be answering 'The constitution' and 'The judiciary/Supreme court'. And yourself?

ReputationRep:
    My revision for the exam includes making notess in lots different colours as it is quite effective. Also stick post it notes around your bedroom or house. I plan on doing Electoral process and direct democracy as well as voting behaviour for 3A. Have you got any essay tips or an essay structure you can recommend?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, is anyone on here doing Unit 3A in summer??? Please help!!!

ReputationRep:
    I am

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Erd)
    My revision for the exam includes making notess in lots different colours as it is quite effective. Also stick post it notes around your bedroom or house. I plan on doing Electoral process and direct democracy as well as voting behaviour for 3A. Have you got any essay tips or an essay structure you can recommend?
    I usually go for this structure:
    Define term
    Arguments for with examples
    Arguments against with examples
    conclusion

Are there any good websites you can advise to get some good specific examples?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dayo)
    Hi, is anyone on here doing Unit 3A in summer??? Please help!!!
    Yes :/ And I'm not looking forward to it (my teacher's not very good so it's mostly self teach)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ILoveTehran)
    Yes :/ And I'm not looking forward to it (my teacher's not very good so it's mostly self teach)
    Yeah same :/ are you doing Edexcel UK Political Issues? How are you revising for it?? I'm really stuck and I really can't afford to fail this exam!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dayo)
    Yeah same :/ are you doing Edexcel UK Political Issues? How are you revising for it?? I'm really stuck and I really can't afford to fail this exam!!
    No, I'm doing AQA American politics. I make notes out of the books and try and find relevant examples linked in it from the internet. Unfortunately Easter was unproductive but once I've learned it I'll be doing as many past papers possible. Same!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm not too sure if you mean specific examples to answer exam questions or specific model essays. But if you mean specific model essays, you should check the AQA Government & Politics A level website as I they sometimes have model answers. Except for that I'm not too sure where to find model answers... If you're referring to specific examples to answer questions, I would recommend just searching on google as you can find some really useful stuff!
    Have you signed up to Marked by Teachers? If so, is it any good?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Erd)
    I'm not too sure if you mean specific examples to answer exam questions or specific model essays. But if you mean specific model essays, you should check the AQA Government & Politics A level website as I they sometimes have model answers. Except for that I'm not too sure where to find model answers... If you're referring to specific examples to answer questions, I would recommend just searching on google as you can find some really useful stuff!
    Have you signed up to Marked by Teachers? If so, is it any good?
    thanks. I guess I should check out the AQA web. I didn't know they give model answers.
    No, sorry. I haven't... are you thinking of signing up?

ReputationRep:
    Yes I am thinking of signing up. I will probably sign up for a month or so and let you know how it goes!

ReputationRep:
    Useful website if anyone is interested
    http://www.tutor2u.net/blog/index.php/politics/C107/P90

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.