Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Converse or Vans Watch

ReputationRep:
    Which do you prefer?

(I prefer Converse!)

ReputationRep:
    I really cant decide between the "lite" summer Converse and "lo pro" vans. I think they're both really nice. If I had to choose I'd probably pick Vans, just because I find them to look less "clumpy" on my feet as I've got teeny tiny ankles.

ReputationRep:
    Converse! I don't own any Vans, but Converses are comfy and I like the look of them

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Converse. Somehow, when you **** them up, they seem to look better.

Vans are just low quality crap.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HeavyTeddy)

Vans are just low quality crap.
    THIS a million times, they age nicely :ahee: vans on the other hand only seem to look nice on the first day and then **** forever. I sont own any vans

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ipoop)
    THIS a million times, they age nicely :ahee: vans on the other hand only seem to look nice on the first day and then **** forever. I sont own any vans

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I've owned a pair of vans before but they ripped in like 2 months I swear they are just a big bucket of poo poo. Converse are just awesome though :cool: I've had my pair for a few years now and they're still in great condition.

ReputationRep:
    I've owned a pair of vans before but they ripped in like 2 months I swear they are just a big bucket of poo poo. Converse are just awesome though :cool: I've had my pair for a few years now and they're still in great condition.
    I have 7 pairs of converse and the oldest one is 3 years old and is still rocking, my feet get wet when it's raining but that is it, they look loved and appreciated.

I never understood the hype towards vans, they look **** to me :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    barefoot

ReputationRep:
    I've had my converse a few months now and they are super. I don't really wear them too much cause I've got more footwear, but they are nice and comfy. I've got the white and navy slim ox ones.

On the other hand, I just bought my first pair of vans last night, hopefully they'll get here soon.

ReputationRep:
    Vans are not "Low quality crap" I've had one (8th pair I've had I think) of my pairs of Vans for a year now, and they're hardly worn out, and I wear them for work now, which is a messy job and wore them to skate for a while last summer, they held up pretty well. Lo Pros are awful, granted, they're uncomfortable for the first month of owning them and they're about as waterproof as tissue paper. I literally only own them cos I got turned away from a club in a different pair of Vans, for me the Lo Pros, I don't like Converse on men, I think mens feet are too big and they look like clown shoes. On girls, I think Converse look better.

ReputationRep:
    I think worn out Vans look just as good as brand new ones, perhaps better.

ReputationRep:
    I used to like converse but I like vans now the only problem I've had with both of them is they rub the top of my big toe on one foot and I've got like a hard patch of dry skin.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Converse.

ReputationRep:
    Love both of them! Either way, I think they both seem to look progressively better the more wear they have...

ReputationRep:
    Completely agree

ReputationRep:
    Converse

ReputationRep:
    I own different pairs of both but generally prefer the lo pro converse as I think they look slightly more feminine. Although I have some blue lace up vans and aztec style slip on vans & they're cool in the summer but i definitely think the vans obsession has peaked, whereas the popularity of converse always seems to be high so you can't go wrong with them!

ReputationRep:
    Supras

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Converse no doooooooooooubt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gmlogmd)
    Which do you prefer?

(I prefer Converse!)

I have both and I prefer Vans. Converse are just a big name, the shoe itself is overpriced and the material it just too thin, unconfortable and rough. Vans however are a much better quality of shoe; the shoe material is much softer and the base of the shoe has a thick spongy sole which is much more comfortable in comparison to the flat converse one.
    There is however more comfort in the Vans with the thinner sole because they're much easier to move about in because sometimes the thick soles are a little bit bulky.
    Meanwhile converse are making their own version of creepers. And yes those are black converse with an inche of sponge glued to the soles. And yet they'll probably end up a bestseller for reasons I will never understand.

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.