Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I'm desperate here, people. I really, really need help on this assignment. If you have free time and could assist me, I would be forever grateful. Thank you so much
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf 130322_hw_Assignment7.pdf (106.8 KB, 163 views)

ReputationRep:
    Some good karma will come your way ))).

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps you could specify what you need help with (as opposed to just posting the whole exercise)

ReputationRep:
    I'm unsure about 1 and 3. I missed that day of class so I'm quite confused. Any help would be appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    H_0: roe=0 \, , \,\, H_1: roe>0 \,or \,roe<0

Now can you write the test statistic down (hint t-statistic).

ReputationRep:
    Ok I got that part. Thanks. I just don't know where to go next

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by though92)
    Ok I got that part. Thanks. I just don't know where to go next
    You got the t-statistic? Then you just calculate it and look at the table.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know what values to put in th equation. Could you give me a guide? I'm confused but I really appreciate your assistance.

ReputationRep:
    No offence, but if you don't know what "numbers" to put into the equation, you have much bigger problems than this problem set.

I suggest you talk to the lecturer or a TA or a mate and ask them to explain it to you.

You plug in the coefficient value take away the value under the null, 0 here, and divide by the standard error. That's the t-statistic. The value from the table for a 2-sided alternative of 1% means you need 0.5% at either tail.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.