Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

OCR Chemistry Salters B: Individual Investigation - Evaluation. Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm just about to finish up my individual investigation (which has been a nightmare) but upon writing my evaluations I can't think of very much to write about for my colorimetry procedure.

If anybody could give me some evaluative points for colorimetry I'd be so grateful!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MarianneElvaM)
    I'm just about to finish up my individual investigation (which has been a nightmare) but upon writing my evaluations I can't think of very much to write about for my colorimetry procedure.

If anybody could give me some evaluative points for colorimetry I'd be so grateful!
    Did you do the Iodine and Propanone investigation? I have quite a long section in my evaluation about limitations of using colorimetry for this experiment, if you did the same one I'll be happy to send you some of the points I included.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BRFCMATT)
    Did you do the Iodine and Propanone investigation? I have quite a long section in my evaluation about limitations of using colorimetry for this experiment, if you did the same one I'll be happy to send you some of the points I included.

I didn't but it did involve Iodine; I made up my own experiment to measure the content of different species of Seaweed.
    In my colorimetry procedure I used calibrations of Iodine and Cyclohexane.
    Could you possibly send me some universal points that I could interpret using my own investigation? That would be fab if you could!
    Many thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MarianneElvaM)
    I didn't but it did involve Iodine; I made up my own experiment to measure the content of different species of Seaweed.
    In my colorimetry procedure I used calibrations of Iodine and Cyclohexane.
    Could you possibly send me some universal points that I could interpret using my own investigation? That would be fab if you could!
    Many thanks.
    I'll have a look through my evaluation later on and see if there's any that might apply to your investigation, but I don't think that most of them would. If there are any that are relevant I'll send them to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BRFCMATT)
    I'll have a look through my evaluation later on and see if there's any that might apply to your investigation, but I don't think that most of them would. If there are any that are relevant I'll send them to you.

Thank you very much!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.