Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

In The Flesh - Gay Zombies ftw Watch

ReputationRep:
    Best show on BBC this year.

Oh, and Luke Newberry is freakin' adorable.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...esh_Episode_1/

ReputationRep:
    So he is Gay. It was killing me, I got so confused was he just really good friends with the guy or was he in a relationship with him :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanS94)
    So he is Gay. It was killing me, I got so confused was he just really good friends with the guy or was he in a relationship with him :lol:
    The scene in the pickup truck; I thought that kinda settled it, talking about having fooled around. Along with all the pictures Kieran drew of him and Rick together.

The ending was very sweet

ReputationRep:
    I've only watched the first episode so far but I'm enjoying it, a nice mix of drama with a few funny bits in between I found the bit where he was talking about why
    Spoiler:
    Show
    he killed himself
    sad, and that was a good twist at the end of the episode.

[spoilered incase people haven't seen episode 1]

ReputationRep:
    Not bad.

It's essentially just a drama but with a zombie theme. However, it's definitely original and I like their attention to detail. It will be interesting to see how the third episode finishes it. It's also pretty clever how they've related being gay to being a PDS sufferer.

ReputationRep:
    I really like this show.
    The lead (Kieran) is just about the only character I think I have truly sympathised with and liked on a TV show in a long time. He is just so sweet and it is a shame after everything he has been through to come back into that small, narrow minded town.

I like the hints of homosexuality, it makes him seem like more of an outsider even though he is causing no harm to anyone... fitting in with the whole theme of being left out by society.

I love the zombie theme too! Adds another dimension...

ReputationRep:
    I really love the unusual twist on the zombie theme, fantastic show

ReputationRep:
    I LOVED this, thought it was so awesome. Didn't realise it was only 3 episodes long though. Does anyone know if there's a series two?

ReputationRep:
    I cried

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarang_assa)
    I LOVED this, thought it was so awesome. Didn't realise it was only 3 episodes long though. Does anyone know if there's a series two?
    I think they are planning to they can't leave it like that, with the mysterious man on the internet etc. Unless BBC cuts it like they did with The Fades from last year it'll carry on I think.

Really liked the episode... I didn't get emotionally involved with it though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarang_assa)
    I cried
    Same! I was sobbing my eyes out at the end I think I need to man up

ReputationRep:
    Arrr its so good! I can't believe its only 3 episode's, I love everything about the show, the fact that a gay theme came into it made it soo much better!
    It actually made the show relatable.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    About to watch the third episode, if other people are saying they cried this doesn't bode well for me!

ReputationRep:
    Oh I love it so much! They definitely should have made it a proper series though as it has such promise for plot lines. Honestly I'll be upset if there aren't more episodes (or a proper series) as I'm really interested in each character and how they work with the PDS sufferers.
    It's such an original and very British take on a zombie apocalypse

ReputationRep:
    I loved this programme! I'm not really a big fan of zombie films, etc. but I really enjoyed it, because the story was quite different and it didn't just revolve around the 'zombie' stuff.

Last night's episode kind of left me sat there thinking 'What? Theycan't leave it like that!' It nearly had me in tears.
    I loved Kieran's character, I think he was quite relatable (besides from the zombie bit) and I was really disappointed when Amy moved away.. And the thing with the zombie 'community' was never properly explained. I really hope they make a follow up series or something

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think I cried constantly for the whole last 20 minutes of that :cry2:

They need to do another series, there's so much unanswered! The guy doing the videos, what happens to Amy, they introduced those blue pills and haven't brought them up again either.

ReputationRep:
    An absolutly amazing show. Hope there's another series. Not quite sure Kieren should be the focus though, or even in it at all. Possibly from another perspective, that includes more of the commune.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it was a great ending; they really made some good choices as to who should kill who. I wonder if they'll do another series or leave it - there's definitely enough material for a new one.

ReputationRep:
    I cried at the end! I wonder what happened to his friend, the girl... When she went to that camp thingy

ReputationRep:
    I normally am pretty apathetic about tv show 'emotional scenes'. But this really hit me especially toward the end. Shockingly vivid.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 10, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.