Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello! I've noticed a similar thread has been set up for GSA, so I thought id set one up for us, so we can get to know each other and what not!

I've got a conditional offer for first year illustration and i've firmed it! Feel free to introduce yourself!

*edit - titles supposed to say Firmers 2013 not 2012/13 oops*

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I received a conditional offer for first year Painting.
    I'm curious to see the work from the people who got in, here's my blog http://www.marianasantos95.blogspot.co.uk/ could you post here a link to somewhere were we can see your work?

ReputationRep:
    Hello! I have a conditional offer for first year Graphic design and I've firmed it as well! I love the city so much and I can't wait to go (hopefully i'll get the grades...)

Do any of you have an idea of where to apply for accommodation?
    also I think the year we are going for is 2013/14 and not 2012/13 ))

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by /mook/)
    Hello! I have a conditional offer for first year Graphic design and I've firmed it as well! I love the city so much and I can't wait to go (hopefully i'll get the grades...)

Do any of you have an idea of where to apply for accommodation?
    also I think the year we are going for is 2013/14 and not 2012/13 ))
    Hi! Fixed the title aha!

I have no idea, its all very confusing, I think i'm going to contact them tomorrow and see what the deal is!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rach432)
    Hi! Fixed the title aha!

I have no idea, its all very confusing, I think i'm going to contact them tomorrow and see what the deal is!
    ahaha
    It sure is confusing! I don't want to apply for accommodation now because it's so hard to decide! I don't want to feel like I wish I had applied to this place etc etc ~~

but I guess I will just go for it! Everywhere would be similar anyway right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marianasantos95)
    Hello, I received a conditional offer for first year Painting.
    I'm curious to see the work from the people who got in, here's my blog marianasantos95.blogspot.com could you post here a link to somewhere were we can see your work?
    Hi! I haven't got any of my work online at the minute, but i think i'm going to upload some stuff when I get the chance so ill let you know!

ahaha
    It sure is confusing! I don't want to apply for accommodation now because it's so hard to decide! I don't want to feel like I wish I had applied to this place etc etc ~~

but I guess I will just go for it! Everywhere would be similar anyway right
    Yup! I just want to get the whole process out of the way aha! Yeah I know what you mean though! Yep probably!
    (Ahh I don't think I can change the title ahahah fail)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rach432)
    Hi! I haven't got any of my work online at the minute, but i think i'm going to upload some stuff when I get the chance so ill let you know!

Yup! I just want to get the whole process out of the way aha! Yeah I know what you mean though! Yep probably!
    (Ahh I don't think I can change the title ahahah fail)
    ahaha no problem! and I'm thinking of applying to Mansion Fountainbridge, Blackflairs street and somewhere else (idk yet)

ReputationRep:
    Hey I'm Ellie, I got an offer for painting 2nd year! So excited! I'm applying for accommodation at portsburgh court- looks so nice! Where are you guys from? I'm from near bristol in the south west so a long way from Edinburgh :/ bit worried about that :/ will be nice to get to know you guys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randombelle)
    Hey I'm Ellie, I got an offer for painting 2nd year! So excited! I'm applying for accommodation at portsburgh court- looks so nice! Where are you guys from? I'm from near bristol in the south west so a long way from Edinburgh :/ bit worried about that :/ will be nice to get to know you guys
    Hello Ellie
    I'm from Southend in Essex :/ everyone that lives here is so surprised I want to live in Scotland aha
    Portsburgh is very lovely from the outside from what Ive seen! Its very close to the college though c:

ReputationRep:
    Hi i have an offer for second year graphic design. I'm still deciding between there and Kingston Uni. I'm having a terrible time picking between the two because they offer such different things. also I'm not sure how well connected Edinburgh is for graphic design (like for when i leave)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nm94)
    Hi i have an offer for second year graphic design. I'm still deciding between there and Kingston Uni. I'm having a terrible time picking between the two because they offer such different things. also I'm not sure how well connected Edinburgh is for graphic design (like for when i leave)
    Hello! I'm not 100% sure about how well connected ECA is either BUT when I was there for the applicant day I was shown around the studios and the graphic design studio is the most amazing place I've been! The director lady was saying that every students will have opportunities to do work experience during the 4 years (or 3) while they are there. As far as I understand, it is within the college. Eg the 4th year would be a director while first years will be junior designer etc (I'm not entirely sure how it works, but ECA is the only course in the UK that offers this)

I hope this makes sense :>

ReputationRep:
    Hello Ellie
    I'm from Southend in Essex :/ everyone that lives here is so surprised I want to live in Scotland aha
    Portsburgh is very lovely from the outside from what Ive seen! Its very close to the college though c:
    Ah right good someone de from down here! Lol I think going to Scotland will be lovely- the accent and people are so friendly! I'm definately going to apply for portsburgh as rooms are sooooo nice too! Hehe I'm so excited!

ReputationRep:
    Ah right good someone de from down here! Lol I think going to Scotland will be lovely- the accent and people are so friendly! I'm definately going to apply for portsburgh as rooms are sooooo nice too! Hehe I'm so excited!
    Hahah I love Scotland so much! And yes! I agree with your the accent and people are lovely! I 'think' I applied for accommodation for mansion fountainbridge, unite chalmber (is that how it's spelt?) and Warrender park road but I haven't got a confirmation email of the application yet so ;-(

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hahah I love Scotland so much! And yes! I agree with your the accent and people are lovely! I 'think' I applied for accommodation for mansion fountainbridge, unite chalmber (is that how it's spelt?) and Warrender park road but I haven't got a confirmation email of the application yet so ;-(

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I've tried doing accomodation but it won't give me the options of the unite ones... Confused/help! Lol

ReputationRep:
    I've tried doing accomodation but it won't give me the options of the unite ones... Confused/help! Lol
    I'm not sure how I can help you! I couldn't apply at first either but I accessed the link to apply and it worked fine ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure how I can help you! I couldn't apply at first either but I accessed the link to apply and it worked fine ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    sorted that but now I just read that you have to have Edinburgh as an unconditional firm before applying for accommodation... confused now! Hae you changed everything on your ucas? Wheres your second choice?

ReputationRep:
    sorted that but now I just read that you have to have Edinburgh as an unconditional firm before applying for accommodation... confused now! Hae you changed everything on your ucas? Wheres your second choice?
    I think you can still apply for accommodation as long as it is your firm I think but you won't be officially offered or told what accom you'll be living in unless you have unconditional offer so the latest we could be told about accom is like late August! I have firmed Edinburgh and put Cumbria as insurance!
    After I firmed though, I got an email in Euclid saying that I have to send in the qualifications I have so far which should be in the clearance section (?) but it's empty I am so confused :<<

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm from Lisbon, Portugal so quite a long way from Edinburgh, I'm obviously also a bit worried. I got a conditional offer for painting 1st year.

ReputationRep:
    Hello , just got an unconditional for Fine Art (ahhh so excited!), just waiting to hear back about illustration at ed now. Anyway, here's my blog: http://carnationhead.tumblr.com/ ...please excuse the weirdness, it's in serious need of an update, so nice to see everybody else's work though, it's all beautiful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rollfff)
    Hello , just got an unconditional for Fine Art (ahhh so excited!), just waiting to hear back about illustration at ed now. Anyway, here's my blog: http://carnationhead.tumblr.com/ ...please excuse the weirdness, it's in serious need of an update, so nice to see everybody else's work though, it's all beautiful.
    Hi, congratulations! You have some great work, where are you from?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.