The Student Room Group

Liverpool Medicine (A100) Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
Seems that anyone who has got an interview so far has a2 predictions of atleast A*AA? Am I right? Anyone with an interview with predictions of AAA?
Original post by aye7777
Seems that anyone who has got an interview so far has a2 predictions of atleast A*AA? Am I right? Anyone with an interview with predictions of AAA?

Yep, I've got an interview and I've got AAA predictions.
I think they look at the personal statements of everyone with 17-18 points at GCSE and rank them, with the best ones being invited to interview first.
Do you get an email or letter or something telling you you have been invited for an interview? Seeing as UCAS track is down? Its killing me not knowing :/
Original post by hansmith1996
Do you get an email or letter or something telling you you have been invited for an interview? Seeing as UCAS track is down? Its killing me not knowing :/

Yeah, they send you an email letting you know - also your track will not update to tell you that you have an interview. For me it still says they they are considering my application, even though I have an interview :smile:
Original post by Angelica.
Well done!! What are your stats? Did you get it today?

Thank you and yeah I got it at 10:50!
My stats are GCSE: 1A* 8A
AS: AAAA
Reply 285
Original post by Voldermort
Do you think there's still a chance I get a interview with AABB, its juts that there are ALOT of student from my school who have applied to Liverpool and most have AAAA :frown:

Yeah absolutely, Liverpool aren't too fussed about AS levels anyway, it's mostly down to the GCSEs and personal statement.
Reply 286
Original post by sumiya
thank you :biggrin:

i got the email today at 9:40am
my interview is wednesday 27th at 9.40am

stats: 6A*s 4As - GCSE
Predicted - A*AA

Hey, when did you send off your application? Thanks
Reply 287
Original post by aspiring doctor!
I think they look at the personal statements of everyone with 17-18 points at GCSE and rank them, with the best ones being invited to interview first.

This theory could be right I think. Got an interview today at 10.30 and had 18 points, so maybe. Also, I think other people who have said they've already got interviews have got high GCSE points. :smile:
Original post by HayyanN
This theory could be right I think. Got an interview today at 10.30 and had 18 points, so maybe. Also, I think other people who have said they've already got interviews have got high GCSE points. :smile:

Congrats on your interview! I only had 17 points and my interview is on the 26th, so I think it must be heavily based on the ps :smile:
Reply 289
Congrats on your interview! I only had 17 points and my interview is on the 26th, so I think it must be heavily based on the ps :smile:

Thanks, you too :smile: How are you going to prepare for the interview? I'm slightly unsure about what I can do to prepare for it?
Original post by HayyanN
Thanks, you too :smile: How are you going to prepare for the interview? I'm slightly unsure about what I can do to prepare for it?

Thanks :smile: Well I bought the ISC medicine interview book which is apparently pretty good, plus the new version was published this year so all the info is up to date - so I'll probably use that then do a couple of mock interviews with friends/family. How about yourself?
Reply 291
Thanks :smile: Well I bought the ISC medicine interview book which is apparently pretty good, plus the new version was published this year so all the info is up to date - so I'll probably use that then do a couple of mock interviews with friends/family. How about yourself?

Yh the same, dont really know what else we can do other then that :smile:
Reply 292
Does anybody who got an interview mind posting or pming their personal statement? :smile:
Reply 293
Feel like crying :frown: no interview for me, lets hope I can say yet
Reply 294

Might not be. I've got predictions of AAA but I only have 16 GCSE points
Reply 295
Original post by myyrh
Yeah it's fine

Should be fine, I've got an interview with ABBB in AS
Have any re-applicants received an interview yet?
Reply 297
Original post by DoctorSomebody
Have any re-applicants received an interview yet?

I'm a resit applicant and no I haven't had an interview yet
Reply 298
Original post by aye7777
I'm a resit applicant and no I haven't had an interview yet

Me too . Man liverpool do like to take the piss! Lol i have a suspision that more December interviews and jan interviews are likely . I personally think liverpool recieved slightly less applicants hence started interviewing abit later and are spreading out interviews . I only assume this bcuz the ukcat avg is at 660 which is kinda high . More people confident of ukcat = less choosing to apply to non ukcat unis . But hey that's a massive assumption. But I hope there some truth

Either way I want an interview :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mutlibd1
Me too . Man liverpool do like to take the piss! Lol i have a suspision that more December interviews and jan interviews are likely . I personally think liverpool recieved slightly less applicants hence started interviewing abit later and are spreading out interviews . I only assume this bcuz the ukcat avg is at 660 which is kinda high . More people confident of ukcat = less choosing to apply to non ukcat unis . But hey that's a massive assumption. But I hope there some truth

Either way I want an interview :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Interesting theory. I hope you're right too.

I'm worried that Liverpool have a greater preference for first-time applicants than re-applicants as it seems to me that all the interviews that have been handed out so far have only been awarded to those still in sixth-form.

Despite this, I suppose it's still early days. We still can hope.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending