The Student Room Group

Liverpool Medicine (A100) Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

If I do the 5 year course liverpool I have the opportunity to leave with a bsc as well ?
Original post by 06dwilliams
If I do the 5 year course liverpool I have the opportunity to leave with a bsc as well ?

Yes atm intercalation is done after 4th year. As the course is changing this may change though, I'll probably ask about this at interview.
is liverpool uni assosiated with the walton neurology centre?
Reply 583
Ah anyways, at least we've got something! Good luck for your prep and hopefully I'll see you on the day :smile:
Probably see you on the tour then :smile:

I'm not doing tours!
Just interviewing potential students!
I'm a current 5th year medical student at liverpool btw! This year they've asked us final years to help with interviews :biggrin:
Reply 585
Guys.. did anyone complete the Fees Questionnaire thing?
I'm an international student and I don't know what I am suppose to provide them for the
'Immigration document' section :/
I sent an email to them but they are taking quite a while to reply :frown:
Reply 586
Original post by madgene
Guys.. did anyone complete the Fees Questionnaire thing?
I'm an international student and I don't know what I am suppose to provide them for the
'Immigration document' section :/
I sent an email to them but they are taking quite a while to reply :frown:

I filled it! I'm international too. I have a student visa so that's what i put in. My passport details and when the visa was issued and stuff
Reply 587
Original post by Sacapunta
I'm not doing tours!
I'm a current 5th year medical student at liverpool btw! This year they've asked us final years to help with interviews :biggrin:

I have my interview on tuesday *major freak-out session* Is it true that we might be asked about liverpool's history? Cos im an international student and i just came into the country last year so i know nothing. Wikipedia doesn't provide enough x_X
Reply 588
Original post by SimpsP
Hi everyone, had my interview today!
Actually had a very nice time meeting everybody in the morning and on the tour so I definitely recommend staying for the tour as getting to chat to everyone was great.
My interviewers were lovely, tried to help me, what they say about Liverpool interviews is true.
Also if any of the Liverpool students on here know a second year medic called Mohammed who did the tour today, tell him he was very good and we're sorry we couldn't think of more questions!

I'm happy to answer anything within reason so fire away!

Congrats! Hope you get in. Concerning the change in the curriculum did they ask for your views on pal vs the new curriculum? It's just really weird that they changed it so suddenly
Interview tomorrow, any last minute tips?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sandrabondaruk

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just relax. i was nervous too but the interviewers are really friendly and this makes you confident in a way... and if your answer goes off course or they think you can give a better answer they also help out and ask you to elaborate etc...
just remember that they are not there to catch you out but to get the best out of you so all the best with your interview and good luck! :smile:
No I don't mind, umm well I wrote in my personal about dementia and diabetes and because of the dementia G8 summit ( great timing :smile:) I am going to mention that and diabetes learn about obesity and how it's spreading to developing countries. Nhs reforms as well and in general I am going to look at hot topics related to medicine. ( I hope this answers you question as I wasn't sure what you meant)

ahh that really is perfect timing... it does just to reiterate :wink: the 'hot topics' are you going on ones from the past year or daily...
im having trouble deciding what to talk about
Reply 592
Original post by leema24
I have my interview on tuesday *major freak-out session* Is it true that we might be asked about liverpool's history? Cos im an international student and i just came into the country last year so i know nothing. Wikipedia doesn't provide enough x_X

Highly doubt they'll ask you anything on the history of liverpool its a really informal chat, seeing how you hold conversations etc they'll mostly focus on what you wrote in your PS.

Most international interview invites will be going out around now because they interview in early Jan in KL, speaking from experience :P
Original post by Sacapunta
I'm not doing tours!

That's so cool!!! :smile:
Original post by leema24
Congrats! Hope you get in. Concerning the change in the curriculum did they ask for your views on pal vs the new curriculum? It's just really weird that they changed it so suddenly

it was changed suddenly because we got a new dean of the med school :smile:
Original post by leema24

Probably not! Knowing liverpool's history isn't going to help decide whether you're going to be a good doctor or not and that's what the interview is assessing!
Reply 596
Original post by alihihg
How do you prepare for the interview at Liverpool? Do we need to study anything? I'm an international applicant and I've got to travel :frown:

I don't know if I am the best person to answer but make sure you are comfortable with the recent changes in the NHS, the structure, GP reforms , A& E problems etc. plus everything you have in your ps. And congrats on your interview :smile: Where are u from and what did u get may I ask?
Reply 597
Original post by sandrabondaruk

Posted from TSR Mobile

good luck!! I see you've been a bit ill, I had tonsillitis when I had my interview, but you forget about it once you start concentrating on the interview! hope it goes well.
Reply 598
Original post by leema24
I filled it! I'm international too. I have a student visa so that's what i put in. My passport details and when the visa was issued and stuff

ohhhh I see, guess I won't put anything then since I don't have a visa yet hehe. Thanks :smile: Where are you from?
Original post by mariam.therese
ahh that really is perfect timing... it does just to reiterate :wink: the 'hot topics' are you going on ones from the past year or daily...
im having trouble deciding what to talk about

Hot topics, I am doing anything that happened over the past few months, I don't think it matters which one you talk about, as long as you have something and you reflect on it well, make some good points from two perspectives or more. ( I think). Also, make sure it's something you genuinely find interesting. Umm do you have any find any advice for me ? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending