The Student Room Group

Liverpool Medicine (A100) Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Hey guys :smile: Does anyone know any good online medical journals etc. that I can read until my interview? Ones which are not too dense and full of medical jargon preferably :P Or where i can get info on the latest medical conditions/ethical issues? Thanks! :biggrin:
Reply 621
Hi guys! Does anyone know roughly how many of the interviews have been given out now? And have any rejections been given out?
Will those of us who are going to be rejected pre interview going to have to wait till after the interviews in march to find out?:redface:
got an interview!!!!! :biggrin:

23rd January :smile: so happy!!!!
Original post by ScarlettRyder
Hey guys :smile: Does anyone know any good online medical journals etc. that I can read until my interview? Ones which are not too dense and full of medical jargon preferably :P Or where i can get info on the latest medical conditions/ethical issues? Thanks! :biggrin:

The student BMJ is good but I doubt your need to know anything in that much detail. I think most people just use the BBC's health section.
Reply 624
Just received an interview as a re-applicant
Original post by ScarlettRyder

Student bmj,bbc and guardian (Excellent for nhs topics). Won't need anything too indepth just a understanding of whats going on in the nhs.
Reply 626
i have had a rejection from exeter, and still waiting for brighton liverpool and plymouth!! im scared too, i feel like a repeat of last year is about to happen :/ i just want at least one interview to prove it to them mannnn!! haha what were your grades ukcat etc? and at least you still have 2!!
Original post by aye7777
2 rejections from Exeter and Brighton, really scared tbh, only Liverpool and Lancaster left. What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 627
For anyone whos had an interview so far, did the old guy at the end say something about how the new curriculum will be finalized and made available to the offer holders before they have to firm their choice?
How many interviews have they given out? I haven't heard anything and I'm getting quite worried... I haven't had any rejections but on the other hand I haven't had any interviews either yet (applied to Leeds Bristol and Sheffield as well). Any thoughts?

GCSEs: 6A*s 4As
ASs: AAAB
A2 Predictions: A*A*A A

Thanks
Original post by HayyanN
For anyone whos had an interview so far, did the old guy at the end say something about how the new curriculum will be finalized and made available to the offer holders before they have to firm their choice?

Nope he (my interviewer) didn't say anything
Original post by Richyp22
Student bmj,bbc and guardian (Excellent for nhs topics). Won't need anything too indepth just a understanding of whats going on in the nhs.

Thanks! :smile:
Original post by roisinjohnson
The student BMJ is good but I doubt your need to know anything in that much detail. I think most people just use the BBC's health section.

Yeap i shall haunt those sites till then :P Thank you!! :smile:
Reply 632
Original post by Daffyd
Hey guys, this is aimed towards anyone who's already had their interviews. Did you feel rushed during your brief 15 minutes? I had mine recently and I felt like the interviewers were cutting me off at every corner to move onto the next question... They seemed really adamant at trying to get to know more about everything I wrote in my PS but at the same time I'd barely get to get 2 sentences out before them asking the next question. (Thinking back, I can really only remember being cut off only once or twice but I think the tenseness of the situation made me feel like it was more often?)

I know generally speaking, 15 minutes is really short for an interview, especially of the medical school variety. Did anyone else feel like they had too many questions and not enough time planned? Or was it just my answers being too long? :frown:

Don't worry about it, I'm a resit applicant and I had a Glasgow interview last year and it was way shorter than expected, shorter than 15 mins anyway, and I was cut off a few times too. I came out feeling so aggregated because I had so much more to say, but I think they rush so they can cover a lot and tick all the boxes, and more importantly, to get a general feel for what type of person you are. I ended up getting an offer but didn't get the grades. If you think you we're calm and showed good vibes you should do better than you expect. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nope I'm not a resit applicant.. The wait continues, I guess :smile:
anyone know how many interviews theyve given out?
When do Liverpool stop giving out interviews?
Original post by Jimbob995
When do Liverpool stop giving out interviews?

I called them up and asked them and they said the interview go on till March!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jenildani3

So there is hope!! The wait is destroying me, I'll be a nervous wreck if I don't here back soon lol
[QUOTE="Jimbob995;45611218"]
Original post by jenildani3

So there is hope!! The wait is destroying me, I'll be a nervous wreck if I don't here back soon lol

Samee :frown: they're taking so long !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 639
As a resit reapplicant I really really want an interview here, no interviews yet and 2 rejections, so scared!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending