Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nataliehenry)
    The medical school will be closed for Christmas, maybe try again after Monday 6th January.
    Okay thank you very much for the information! The prices are increasing rapidly day by day, but I guess I cannot do anything else, only wait

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timeywimey)
    Hi guys, me again. No news whatsoever.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me too... oh meh... no news whatsoever :-/ x x x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Super Girl)
    Me too... oh meh... no news whatsoever :-/ x x x
    No news is good news, but we all would love an interview

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No news is good news, but we all would love an interview

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi guys, I am a student at Liverpool and I remember being in your situation last year.
    Yes it is an horrible wait, but if I were you I would focus on getting your grades as without them it doesn't matter whether you had a place or not!

I know people that didn't get an interview until february, and they are on the course!

So sit tight and good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S.medic27)
    Hi guys, I am a student at Liverpool and I remember being in your situation last year.
    Yes it is an horrible wait, but if I were you I would focus on getting your grades as without them it doesn't matter whether you had a place or not!

I know people that didn't get an interview until february, and they are on the course!

So sit tight and good luck!
    Thanks how are you finding it there? Do you like the course?

-timeywimey-
    • PS Reviewer

I've ended my pretty long self-imposed exile from TSR today for a small update:

Firstly, I've updated the OP with some more useful information and finally, some resources! At the moment, I am going to trial it and ascertain whether it is going to be worth putting some more time into so please do give me feedback!

So far, I have only got a Year 1 Book List and some PP Statistical Definitions up. I've also got a revision present in the form of some S&F questions. They are aimed at 1st years mainly, but can apply to any students brushing up on non-clinical anatomy and physiology. Unfortunately, whilst making it, I didn't make an answer sheet so perhaps you can ask on here if you are stuck (or if someone kindly wants to make an answer sheet, they are welcome to)!

I would like to sincerely request fellow Liverpool medics to help out with the resources if at all possible. Anything you deem to be remotely useful for students in years below will help so please either upload it on here and quote me or if you prefer, PM me and I will send you my e-mail. Or if all else fails, give me feedback!

Annoying Quotes

Please read the above regarding post #2 of this thread

(Original post by myrrh)
    QFA
    (Original post by S.medic27)
    QFA
    (Original post by Kaylea)
    QFA
    (Original post by Maxxie)
    QFA
    (Original post by Sacapunta)
    QFA
    (Original post by Parle à ma main)
    QFA
    (Original post by planetconwy1)
    QFA
    (Original post by billet-doux)
    QFA

K

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Super Girl;45660142]
    (Original post by hjward)

Cheers for that! ������
    My applications must stink then...������
    Didn't mean it like that I'm sure it doesn't!
    Still plenty of interviews left to give out I'm sure.
    • PS Reviewer

A somewhat modified Year 2 Book List is up.

ReputationRep:
    No news.. 18 points.. beginning to lose hope, do you think many more interviews will be given out despite the fact that Liverpool started quite early so will have got a lot done?
    • PS Reviewer

(Original post by Student 1)
    No news.. 18 points.. beginning to lose hope, do you think many more interviews will be given out despite the fact that Liverpool started quite early so will have got a lot done?
    Plenty more will be given out. There's still nearly 3 full months left before they stop interviewing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student 1)
    I have 18 points too! I'm not stressing yet- there's lots of time still. Don't worry!

ReputationRep:
    I have 18 points too! I'm not stressing yet- there's lots of time still. Don't worry!
    I hope so!

ReputationRep:
    Do we know yet how the content of the new curriculum is going to be structured or is that still to be decided?
    I.e. I know the old curriculum was year 1. basic introduction to science and practice & years 2, 3 & 4 learning how to diagnose and manage illness through the 4 stages and year 5 doing intense clinical experience. Is it still the same or..?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kyalimers)
    X
    Thanks, those are some very helpful resources.

I'll definitely contribute if and when I have something to contribute
    • PS Reviewer

(Original post by foximus)
    Do we know yet how the content of the new curriculum is going to be structured or is that still to be decided?
    I.e. I know the old curriculum was year 1. basic introduction to science and practice & years 2, 3 & 4 learning how to diagnose and manage illness through the 4 stages and year 5 doing intense clinical experience. Is it still the same or..?
    It's to be somewhat changed. All the information can be found via links in the OP.

ReputationRep:
    Should I be worried if I haven't heard anything from any of the medical schools which I've applied for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adpeto)
    Should I be worried if I haven't heard anything from any of the medical schools which I've applied for?
    They say a lot of them interview until April, so no I just heard from ONE medical school. I think there are plenty of people who are still waiting! Including me for my other medical schools! But the thing is, people say we have to be patient and that's very hard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madgene)
    They say a lot of them interview until April, so no I just heard from ONE medical school. I think there are plenty of people who are still waiting! Including me for my other medical schools! But the thing is, people say we have to be patient and that's very hard.
    Phew then! April is so far away and I'm a fairly impatient person too which sucks! Which other medical schools have you applied too, and have you not heard from Liverpool as well?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adpeto)
    Phew then! April is so far away and I'm a fairly impatient person too which sucks! Which other medical schools have you applied too, and have you not heard from Liverpool as well?
    Hahah indeed, it is so far away I applied to Bristol, Keele and Liverpool! No actually the only school I heard back from is Liverpool! My interview is this Sunday (terrified). :/ where else have you applied?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madgene)
    Hahah indeed, it is so far away I applied to Bristol, Keele and Liverpool! No actually the only school I heard back from is Liverpool! My interview is this Sunday (terrified). :/ where else have you applied?
    Lets hope you hear from Bristol and Keele soon! Aw well congrats on your interview for Liverpool, I hope it goes well for you, good luck! I applied to Liverpool, Keele, Sheffield and Leeds

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.