Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I just got my rejection and am strangely fine about it, despite no offer this year! I just have to press on. Time spent dwelling on a lack of offers is more usefula s revision time. GOOD LUCK TO THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE STILL WAITING FOR REPLIES! xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr Shnaz)
    I just got my rejection and am strangely fine about it, despite no offer this year! I just have to press on. Time spent dwelling on a lack of offers is more usefula s revision time. GOOD LUCK TO THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE STILL WAITING FOR REPLIES! xx
    So sorry to hear that! I received 3 rejections (not from Liverpool) on the same day! It's okay to be disappointed and cry a bit or even get angry but as you said your grades are much more important! Once you've got them you can always reapply, or change your mind. It's not the end of medicine, so don't worry! Revise revise revise

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That's exactly how I felt last year when I received 4 rejections just pressed on got 3 a's and now have two interviews and hoping for an offer. Plus it's given me the opportunity to travel; a month in Thailand and 3 months in America. There's always a silver lining. ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Same advice as person above, I got 4 rejections last year but pressed on and got the grades. I now hold two offers and I'm very happy I had a gap year, you will feel the same way next year. Just get the grades and apply strategically next year, smash PS and/or ukcat and you'll get in.

ReputationRep:
    Is there any benefit if I was invited to interview extremely early, basically on the first day?? Have only got liverpool left so a little bit worried and expecting the worse. Let's say my statement and gcse points are 100%, does it matter f my interview was a little off- eg I didn't shake their hands at the end....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student992)
    Is there any benefit if I was invited to interview extremely early, basically on the first day?? Have only got liverpool left so a little bit worried and expecting the worse. Let's say my statement and gcse points are 100%, does it matter f my interview was a little off- eg I didn't shake their hands at the end....

That fact you were invited early isn't an advantage as they were yet to read all the personal statements yet but you were probably had a high ps score in your batch. To be honest, from what I remember from reading liverpool admission stuff it an equal playing field after interview. However, if thing that's bothering you is that you didn't shake hands at the end of the interview you probably did quite well if you can't think of other negatives I have heard of way worse. Are all your other rejections preinterview ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 06dwilliams)
    That fact you were invited early isn't an advantage as they were yet to read all the personal statements yet but you were probably had a high ps score in your batch. To be honest, from what I remember from reading liverpool admission stuff it an equal playing field after interview. However, if thing that's bothering you is that you didn't shake hands at the end of the interview you probably did quite well if you can't think of other negatives I have heard of way worse. Are all your other rejections preinterview ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ye all other rejections pre interview. There were a few other things like answers nt being fully said and kissing things out and being too vague, couldn't answer on question a dn just generally felt I didn't express myself well enough on the day. Is interview score the sole decider on offers after interviews ?

ReputationRep:
    I guess what I'm asking is if I was invited early due to ps and gcses being 100% , will I be priority in offers. What is the interview to offer ratio ??

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it'd be of any advantage. They rank all candidates based on performance on interview after all the interviews have taken place and hand-out offers then. Your interview score will be the only determining factor unless you're on the "borderline" in which case they resort to GCSEs or AS (not sure which exactly).

And the Interview:Offer ratio was 2.1:1 last year. This might be different if you're international.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know how many applications they received THIS year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    are liverpool gonna move away from pbl ? will they be integrated next year then ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Liverpool gonna be same as ucl course from this year.

I just can't help but feel there is an advantage if ur invited early and that the reason they do not openly say it is so that people invited later do not panic. Surely u interview the highest scorers first so that the first offers go to the most capable people even if there is one poor interview??

Was there anyone who got interviewed last year on the first day who didn't get an offer??

ReputationRep:

I just can't help but feel there is an advantage if ur invited early and that the reason they do not openly say it is so that people invited later do not panic. Surely u interview the highest scorers first so that the first offers go to the most capable people even if there is one poor interview??

Was there anyone who got interviewed last year on the first day who didn't get an offer??
    I tried looking for the 2013 thread but couldn't find it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlston)
    I tried looking for the 2013 thread but couldn't find it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Just type in liverpool entry 2013 into Google and it will come up.

I would expect there to only be a handful of people

ReputationRep:

I think the amount of people scoring high academics/full marks is a lot at Liverpool as they count both they a and a* as the same. Having full marks at academics doesn't really separate the wheat from the chaff. In terms of personal statement; interviewing the best first would mean they would have to have read over 2000 ps within a month, plausible but extremely difficult. Plus I don't think the university cares about panicking people as I am sure they know people still panic when they don't hear anything for 5/6 months. Also as someone has said above after interview you interview performance determines wether you have an offer or not. So if they wanted the best in terms of academics and interview performance they would have handed out interviews after each individual interview instead waiting till march. (Btw, I had an early interview too so I am not a bitter late interview person trying to makes myself feel better). There's no point in fretting now as we have another month to wait you'll go crazy if you do.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just type in liverpool entry 2013 into Google and it will come up.

I would expect there to only be a handful of people
    Ok so you found it? What did people say?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know when offers came out last year/are willing to post the link to last years thread please? Phone is playing up so can't search

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Reviewer

(Original post by Student 1)
    Anyone know when offers came out last year/are willing to post the link to last years thread please? Phone is playing up so can't search

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Around the third week of March usually on the Thursday.

You can check for yourself on the thread which is linked below:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2096144

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kyalimers)
    Around the third week of March usually on the Thursday.

You can check for yourself on the thread which is linked below:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2096144
    Thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know the last interview date for Liverpool??? I have still not heard from them it's so frustrating!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.